A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lelu87

Re: What are you walking down the aisle to?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 am

Im needing help with my songs!

So ive decided that my BM's (5 of them) will walk down the asile to canon in D, and either when we are signing the registry or walking out elvis presleys falling in love with you. So both sound so beautiful with 2-3 violin or a string trio.
Now my problem is that i want to walk down the asile to Bella;s Lullaby by Carter Burwell, the song Edward plays on the piano in the frst Twilight movie. I didnt pick the song because of a Twilight obsession, i think it is just beautiful and makes my heart flutter and tears come to my eyes when listening to it. It sort of screams a tender but passionate love. Anyway i cant find a good violin video on the net (my friend plays the violin and she said most are by inexperienced girls or completely out of tune. Proably why they all sound horrible.
So my questions to the music buff's are;
1. Does anyone know of a good professional string video or audio for this song?
2. If it sounds bad on violin, what are the chances of me hiring a piano player and to drag a piano onto a lawn (garden ceremony)
3. Will a keyboard sound the same?
4. Would the string players be offended by not playing the song? Or could they play with the piano and sound good, maybe the back noise?

Thanks so much,
Leah

jane1082

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 pm

I love the song 'Making Memories of Us' - It's a Keith Urban song, but there are some great covers! Ideally I will have a live acoustic version of it! Fingers crossed. Not too sure what to have as the recessional song...

qweenmaryj

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm

i'm going for something VERY untraditional... (not much about my wedding is traditional lol) i love it, my fiance loves it and i reckon that's all that matters.

Nothing Else Matters- Apocalyptica (originally by Metallica) http://youtu.be/9Hssb3Do42w

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 am

^^ I love that idea!! When I was obsessed with the original like 8 years ago I wanted it for my wedding.

Right now I have no clue what I will walk down to, but I know it will be one of the few things on our day that won't be traditional :)

felmingham

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 am

I really want U2 (Bono) can't help falling in love the live version but i want to remove all the crowd screaming - cheering from it but don't know if i can.
Otherwise Evermore - Never let you go.

Other option is to get a friend to sing

felmingham

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:09 pm

So many things to decide on aren't there!!

felmingham

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Think we have now decided to have Whitley - I remember as our first wedding dance but still struggling with song for walking down the Aisle to.

Do most people cut the song so it only goes for approx 1 min?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Canon in D by a string duo

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm

We are all walking down to Alicia Keys, "If I ain't got you". Its my FH fav song so it was an easy choice! I kinda wanted "No-One", but every time I listen to it, I bawl my eyes out, so not a good option!!

Amanda_86

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 pm

My bridal party (1 x RB, 2 x FG, 4 x Bridesmaids, 1 x MOH) and I walked down to Train - Marry Me.

Perfect length as the song just finished when I got to the bottom of the aisle with my dad :)

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 pm

this will sound corny and will show my age LOL, but for us its elvis presles cant help falling in love with you, only because FH sang it to me just after we started seeing each other

Surprisebride2013

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I am walking down the aisle to "a thousand years" by Christina Perri - I think this song was used in twilight movie or something but I have never seen any of them I just googled songs to walk down the aisle to and I looked them all up and I loved this one when I heard it. There wont be a dry eye in the building.

Longtimecoming

Re: What are you walking down the isle to?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 pm

rubywoo wrote:
Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You :D I plan on busting into dance at the refrain.

I was going to have this! but have changed to If I Could by 1927

felmingham

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

My friend walked down to 1927 - If I could.

Pretty sure I am going to have Bernard Fanning - Watch Over me. (think I have finally decided!)

Longtimecoming

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

qweenmaryj wrote:
i'm going for something VERY untraditional... (not much about my wedding is traditional lol) i love it, my fiance loves it and i reckon that's all that matters.

Nothing Else Matters- Apocalyptica (originally by Metallica) http://youtu.be/9Hssb3Do42w

LOVE it! We are thinking of having the Metallica version as our bridal "waltz"

blushyb

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:16 pm

"Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis Presley

felmingham

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:18 pm

blushyb wrote:
"Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis Presley

I love this song. I really want the BONO / U2 version but can't find it without being live and all the audience cheering.

felmingham

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeh my partner is not a Buble fan so don't think I would get that one past him :)

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm

felmingham wrote:
Yeh my partner is not a Buble fan so don't think I would get that one past him :)

Awww what a shame. I ADORE Michael Buble..

I think we've decided now to use Schubert's Ave Maria instead of the Gounod version. It's what I always imagined walking down the aisle to, so it seems silly to change it :)
It's such a gorgeous, timeless piece of music, I really struggle to find a piece that has the same effect on me.

loulou06

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 pm

I am walking down the aisle to a song called "You make me smile" by Uncle Kracker

Signing the register to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole

Once we have married and have been pronounced husband and wife and well wishers to step forward we will have "Marry You" by Bruno Mars

Our first dance will be to "I Don't Know Much" by Linda Ronstaadt and Aaron Neville

So we have a mix of modern and upbeat with some old fashioned and romantic music.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24