I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: How much is your wedding costing?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:34 pm

under $2000 in total

wedding in local park
dress bought online
hes already got his suit
wedding rings we had designed and made in Ireland (the most expensive thing we had)
flowers were artifical that I bought locally
hair was done by local hairdresser at discount price and makeup I did myself
lunch afterward with our witnesses

have edited this after a big change to plans and finally having the wedding, still happy with the day we had, it was perfect for us and now we can get back to enjoying some travelling
Last edited by mrcm1166 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

catherineaustin29

Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 am

I've budgeted 18k MAX for ours (hopeing to keep it to 16k). We decided that I would 'take care' of the wedding and he would 'take care' of the honeymoon. I am very lucky in that my parents are giving me 8k so I only have to have 10k. However, our engagement period is quite short, so it is going to be fun trying to save everything up in time! :lol:

We are both young professional engineers earning very good wages (for our age!) but we have two morgages between us and live in a very expensive city where cost of living is just ridiculous so I could honestly not give justification for spending any more than that! :D

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Just updated my wedding master list, we're currently looking at a little over 45k for honeymoon and wedding. But I won't know the final number until after we get back from our honeymoon. Jeebus, that's 2 years worth of mortgage repayments for me! 8O

Peaches1988

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:49 am

The budget at the moment is coming to just over $40,000 excluding honeymoon.

Were hopefully going to do a honeymoon registry which will bring down the honeymoon cost. We are also thinking that we will push the honeymoon back by 6 months so we can get over paying for our parts of the wedding.

We are very lucky to have both sets of families contributing to the wedding otherwise there is no way we would be having the wedding that we are!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:35 am

We have budgeted for about 18k plus honey moon (but the honeymoon will be delayed) and we really cant afford to go over that.

2bwed
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:57 pm

We originally budgeted $5000 (with the plan that we'd pay for the whole thing ourselves), but it's all blown out to around $7500, but of that we're being gifted $2100 for venue hire and to cover catering, so really it's only a bit over $5000 on our own.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14