A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

littlewhiteromance
Topic Author

Still need Dressmakers or is every1 heading online?il?

Fri May 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi all,

I am a dressmaker based in Sydney and I've just set up my own business and design studio. I was just wondering whether people are still interested in making their own bridesmaid, flower girl or wedding dress anymore as the online market has taken over.

I really enjoy making beautiful dresses for people and it's pretty sad to see this industry dying.

Anyway i create beautiful gowns for an affordable price. If you do need any dresses made, bridesmaid, formals, flower girl or brides please feel free to contact me!

cathy1

Re: Still need Dressmakers or is every1 heading online?il?

Fri May 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Well I have to tell you the Industry in not dying; infact this year it seems to me that the girls that have dabbled online in the past are now finding their way back to retail shopping; the only expanation I can think of is that they have been burnt and are over online shopping; the other reason could be that retail shops prices have dropped dramatically over the years,
I'm not say Retail is doing great by any means, just that in my opinion it is doing better, certainly not dying.

RN_Reecy

Re: Still need Dressmakers or is every1 heading online?il?

Sat May 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi there littlewhite romance,

To be quite honest, I believe the major reason people are choosing to buy online is price.
I have looked dress makers and had "basic quotes", I have also looked online. The difference
is hundreds of dollars, even given alterations. Weddings are so expensive and people need to
save money somewhere. When you are planning once people hear the word "wedding"- cost
seems to go up. However, if you have a competitive price and have a quality product,
you should be successful. Companies just need to be fair to brides.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.81