A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Hmmm....Flowers....what to do? Ideas appreciated.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi Guys!

After reading a few threads and seeing people look into flowers thought id better get my finger out and start looking.... Just to be clear - I HAVE NO IDEA about flowers! hehe

What sort of flowers suit a beachy theme. My BM's are possibly wearing Blue and/or brown knee length (havent bought dresses yet and they wont match). I am wearing a formal white wedding dress but was looking for something small. I know this much! haha

I have done the google picture search and saved a heap of photos - none of them look alike however so i cant even narrow that down! I cannot meet with my florist until the week before as im 4000km away and she doesnt have alot on her website. But i personally know whe does beautiful work.

I am liking Australian Natives, white or red roses, the closed lillies (not sure the correct name), (i like tulips but my MOH had tulips and i didnt want to copy).

Has anyone who have had their wedding got any photos i could gain inspiration from?

I will post some photos that i really like soon :)

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Re: Hmmm....Flowers....what to do? Ideas appreciated.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:11 am

Frangipanis are really beachy for me...they smell gorgeous too, maybe another option?

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the links!

I should of also put that i dont want to use frangapani's as its my little sister's favourite flower so i thought i'd better leave the for her to use one day :)

found one off one of those links that i LOVE!

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-photos/flowers/summer-bouquet-ideas/i/9c73ad6ecefd4dbc-0de953c4ec4cf6b1/14890e0954f6c5a4

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 am

Yes that one!! i love it - definantley on top of the list. Will keep looking but! Thanks heaps for that! I wasnt sure how to just post the pic :)

krittyb

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 pm

We just went to the florist and asked for their opinion.
She told us what was in season and asked where we were having out wedding, the theme and what we are going to wear (colours, style etc). She threw some ideas at us, I made a few changes and then she took a list of all the things we wanted done like bouquets, boutonnières, centrepieces, rose petals etc.
From there she can write up a quote :)

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 am

Hi Krittyb

I would love to do that, but i am 4000km away :roll:

so online looking it is :)

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Can you do an initial discussion with your florist via phone or email? Presumably she's going to want to have an idea of what you want beforehand so she knows what to order.

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi MagpieC,

I will certainly give her a ring and send her an email with my thoughts to discuss with her, but i have nnnnoooooo idea about flowers, so figure need at least something to go to her with.

I am thinking more and more that i really like the natives, but am concerned about "beachy" and "native" clashing?? I have also had this silly thought about wearing some nice "boots" as my wedding shoes.....dunno...what do you guys think? would it be weird? I bought some silver peep toe shoes on the weekend just cause i am getting worried about finding shoes (living in a small outback town with a choice of 2 shoe shops and neither have any shoes like what i am chasing) and im way too scared about buying shoes online as i am notthe easiest foot to fit.

I might do a bit of a show and tell page and get all your thoughts....would be great if people could just peer into my mind and see how it all looks in my head and im not that great of expressing it right lol :) i'll keep wishing haha.

krittyb

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 am

adrienne wrote:
Hi Krittyb

I would love to do that, but i am 4000km away :roll:

so online looking it is :)

Oops!! hehe sorry!! Maybe google what's in season then and start there!! :)

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm

When I google beach flowers I'm seeing a lot of flowers from the daisy family, the good thing about those is they are cheap. Gerberas (also known as Gerbera daisies) are a popular option for that sort of look. Or just send your florist an email saying I haven't got any ideas but it's a beach theme and X is our budget do you have any suggestions. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be the first person who has said 'I want flowers' and doesn't know anything more than that.

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:30 am

Hmmm... sly personal plug for your business lol

Appreciate the thought

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:35 pm

i love those flowers and it go lavender (im not a big fun on lavender but they really look nice)

my bouquet is in my dp, and im thinking of using the brides mates bouquet maybe im still thinking :D

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Ok girls i think i found something i really like but i need your critique

Will this still fit in with the "beachy" venue?
bride-bouquet-christenjones.jpg

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Looks gorgeous Adrienne!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Yep that's nice. I like it a lot. It's a bit of a mix of all your ideas!! Dont worry about things clashing. Honestly no one except perhaps brides to be would ever notice!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26