A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

krittyb
Topic Author

Butleigh Wootton

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi everyone,

We are getting married at Butleigh Wootton in early May 2013. They have kindly given us the venue for the whole day with our ceremony starting at 5pm.
I'm a little up in the air about where to get ready...
Part of me wants to get ready at BW because it is beautiful inside and there will be amazing photo ops while we are there.
But another part of me wants to get ready at mum's house (groomsmen are getting ready at our place) because it's the house I grew up in and mum has just redone her bedroom and it looks like it used to when I was a kid.

Both mum's house and BW have a beautiful wrought iron bed, huge mirrors and fireplaces...

Also, do grandparents come and see you as you get ready?? If they do and I decide to get ready at BW would they arrive earlier than other guests?

I'm sure this is a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be, I'm very frazzled about the whole decision.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Butleigh Wootton

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Get ready at your mum's, you will regret it if you don't. You can have your other photos taken at BW, including indoor ones if you want. The emotional value of your mum's house will make the full circle complete. You grew up there, and are leaving it as a bride. Even though it was my 2nd wedding, I had my photos prior to going to the church at mum and dad's. I was always glad that I did.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:33 am

Hey I got married at BW first up, great choice it was absolutely perfect! I loved every minute of it ! Second, lucky you for having access early, there was a wedding on before us do we didn't get that! However I would not get ready there. It is beautiful and you will have plenty of opportunities to have photos but getting ready on your big day can make everything messy- makeup cases, hairspray, etc. there can be stuff everywhere! Also not great lighting. Another thing that would deter me is that there would be lots of staff and strangers getting around you- even the pitential for viewers to come because I know people inspect on those days even if it is being set up.
Once u get there and you're all done up take some photos!

krittyb
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks for your feedback ladies!
Lots of good points! I've thought about it for a while and it all came down to cost of hiring cars, space in both places and how many people need to get ready where and when!
So... I've decided to get ready at BW with the girls. FH is getting ready at our apartment and mum's place is just too small!
She's in the middle of renovations too and the house really doesn't look the way it used to when I was growing up, I have lots of photos of my sister and I there and I think I'd like to keep the memories of the house as it used to be and not add more with the wedding photos.
As for space, BW is heaps bigger upstairs than the lounge/bedroom at Mum and we are getting married on a Thursday so there won't be anyone wondering through.
I've also had some small issues with Mum being a little negative so I think if we keep our distance in the morning then all will be fine!
I'll get her and Dad to rock up earlier so we can have some photos together! :)
Everyone's happy!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31