A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Wombatta
I survived and got married
Topic Author

How much do wedding albums cost??

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:55 am

Hi Ladies :D

Just having a bit of a look into getting our wedding photos made into an album at the moment... I was wondering how much should we expect to pay for a good quality album?? Would be interested in finding out if you got an album and were happy with it as well.

We have received price from our photographer for an album however it was $2k which is way over our budget. We moved overseas since our wedding so I'm thinking now maybe cheaper to get it in Europe, got a price for the same queensberry album and it was 750 euros here.

TIA!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: How much do wedding albums cost??

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 am

By the time we added to ours it was $1,500 on top of what we had already paid for the photography package and the base album. Its gorgeous though and will last longer than we do if we look after it properly. Definitely expensive though and we had to think long and hard before doing it.

S&A

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:03 pm

It really depends what quality you are after. Wedding Albums could be expensive.

You have pretty much 2 options.

1. There are albums such as you mention (Queensberry) which are handcrafted pieces of art with an extremely high print quality. There are different suppliers in the market (for example Seldex). These Albums are usually ordered via your photographer or album designer as they do not sell to the general public. Your photographer will then do the design and will charge on top of the printing costs. The printing cost starts at around $500+ (that means that the photographer or Album designer makes no profit yet). For that reason you always pay around $1000 for a professional album. Please be aware that there are so many options in the albums (paper, design, cover, print quality, number of pages, glass/metallic covers and so on) that it is really hard to compare prices. Photographers tend to only offer high quality albums as they present their work better than cheap albums could ever do. Prices could differ a lot and are unfortunately not always disclosed. Esp. when you do not have the copyright and need to print via the photographer you might be surprised.

Make sure you look at a sample album to know what you get ...

2. Some photographers give you the high resolution pictures. (some will not ... but this is a different discussion). This means you could even design your own album and there are plenty of cheap options on coupon sites and consumer photography labs (starting as low as 30$). Saves you a lot of money ... but the quality is much lower. But some suppliers still have decent quality and nice albums.

When you book you photography package I would not be after prints and albums ... with the high resolution pictures you will be always able to print them ... now or in 20 years.
You will never be able to recreate the pictures but an album is produced anytime when you have the digital pics. In the best case you should decide upfront what you want to have included.

When you can get your the same album cheaper in Europe and have all the digital pictures ... go for it ... 750$ sounds very reasonable for a quality album.

Wombatta
Topic Author

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks so much for the replies... Lawwa that is a great idea, I will try that website, thanks!

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Make your own on Blurb.com

darkphoenix

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 am

Our photographer was $1200 for the lower end so was a bit out of our budget, my BMs husband is a photographer though so allowed me to use his Momento Pro account. I haven't ordered it yet as I'm playing around with designs but he showed me his albums and they looked gorgeous, they're all he uses for wedding albums. There is a public site, just Moment (quite a few girls on here have used it), it doesn't have the same standard of paper or give you all the options like leather covers but it's still fantastic and comes in under $500 usually, depending on pages.

danielkcheung

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 pm

You can most definitely make your own for well and truly under $500.

When your wedding photographer designs it and uses a company that is typically not available to the public, you can factor in a multiplication of 3x to cover their time, experience, actual cost of materials, and profit margin.

Wombatta
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions...
Coco thanks for your post. I checked out blurb.com and the wedding albums look great, I have just designed and ordered mine there!
I'm excited to see how it looks, am thinking of ordering some for our parents as Christmas presents.

Stevo1984

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Just depends from one of my suppliers a 20 page photo book will cost around $50 but the high end photobook I sell is $980 and that comes with a keep case, leather bound, cut out center for a photo, 60 pages and god knows what else.

At the end of the day a pro lab will produce a better outcome than a small lab. Artscow are ok but you have a whole heap of places that do photo books.

nickporter47

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:48 am

My 30 page photo book costs me 74$ with a leather bound. It's so nice looking.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39