A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

loulou06
Topic Author

What part of Weddings do you dislike doing?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Hey

I was curious as to what brides and grooms hate the most about organising their wedding. Weddings are fun to organise but there is always a task that is possibly tedious and not the most fun task. What would you pay someone to do for you?

I myself dislike writing the Thankyou Cards to guests after the Wedding, I find it time consuming and life is already busy enough. That is something I would love someone else to do for me, just write the cards out and post.

What about everyone else?

Thanks

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Re: What part of Weddings do you dislike doing?

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:00 am

There is nothing that I really disliked or didn't enjoy doing, there were stressful moments at time but nothing I regret.

I have to disagree about the thank you cards, I think a hand written note to each guest is the absolute minimum my husband and I could do to thank all our guests, they spent the day and evening celebrating with us, traveled from a long way, bought new outfits and had to pay for accommodation and they bought us gifts. It took us awhile, but it is definitely worth writing them yourself.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 am

The only thing i didnt like was having to follow up RSVP's

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm

there is nothing so far that I have not liked doing, but its a pretty stress free wedding.

the thank you cards are the one thing I am looking forward to, we are having a very small wedding and all our guests are flying in for it so a hand written note from us is the least we can do as a gesture of thanks

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 am

stormageddon wrote:

Me too. I think if I have given you an addressed and stamped envelope, it's really not that much effort to write your name and tick a box.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 am

misteri82 wrote:
stormageddon wrote:

Me too. I think if I have given you an addressed and stamped envelope, it's really not that much effort to write your name and tick a box.

Yep, definitely the worst part IMO.

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 am

Making sure the lines are straight when DIY invites

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 pm

organising the accommodation our venue gives you a excel sheet and yo have to allocate people rooms God I wish the venue would just do it and deal with everyone :evil:

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:56 pm

I loved doing the thank you cards!! I just felt that everyone had gone out of their way to attend our wedding and gave us lovely gifts (no registry, so it required effort to choose) and made our wedding really wonderful, I couldn't wait to write the cards.

Not really wedding exactly - but I'm finding organising the photographs after the wedding really tedious. I've scrolled through our entire collection of 700+ wedding photos about a kazillion times now to copy different selections onto CDs for each family / friend group and make 6 photo albums for family, and I am SO SICK of looking at our photos! They're great photos, but one does get tired of looking at the entire photo collection 30 times in one evening. :roll: If I weren't so skint I'd totally outsource that job.

amz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm

still a couple of months to my wedding. The only task that has/is causing stress is setting timeline. I think there is a fine balance of having enough time to take photos and keeping the guests waiting for to long

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Agape wrote:
I have to agree with the DIY things ... as much as I loved doing things myself, doing 100 or 200 of everything became really tedious.

This time around, I hated trying to please others - hence why we are now talking of eloping.

I do agree with the previous posters, I did love hand writing thank you cards and selecting photos of my guests to include (we included a pic of each couple/family, as we thought people would prefer to display this than a pic of us). They had made our day so special, it was the least we could do.

This is what I'm going to do as well. Everyone I know has had photos of the wedding on the thank you card, buy I wanted to give everyone a photo as I always wish I had a photo of us as guests at wedding.

I'm slack and haven't done them yet. Before Christmas!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.56