A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jane1082
Topic Author

Reception entrance songs...?

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi all,

Our wedding is fast approach, the 5th of January!!! Very excited.

Just doing the finer details and wondering what people's thoughts were on the entrance of the bridal party to the reception. Do you think it is too much to ha e each bridemaid have their own song after they are announced. The wedding I was just a part of had some jazz kind of music for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. The music was stopped when the coup,e were introduced etc, the bride and groom just had a different song altogether. Do you think it would be tacky to have a different song for each couple? Only reason being that each of my bridesmaids have a song they love and thought as a nice surprise for them they could have that played when they walk in...

wickie08
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Reception entrance songs...?

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I agree with Lawwa - I don't think it's tacky, I think its a lovely idea but if it was me I would probably only play a snippet of the song- the chorus or something rather than the whole thing? If you have 3 bridesmaids and you pay a full song for each, that would be 9+ minutes and as a guest, that would probably be too long for my short attention span, especially when the people I really want to see would be the bride and groom.

jane1082
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:44 pm

I was just thinking a small s pipes of the song, no more than 30 seconds really, just the time it takes to walk in and around to the bridal table. Just thought it got be a nice little touch for the girls. Maybe I should see if I can just download or somehow get the chorus of the song.

wickie08
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm not a techno expert but I am pretty sure they are programs online that can record bits of song that you can then save on cd ...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.48