A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mrs Babb to be
Topic Author

Goorm and Groomsmen transportation to Church

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi All,
So we have booked our transportation for the day and have it booked for the total of 7-8 hours. The hummer was going to pick up the boys from at 11:00 to drop them off at the church (they should arrive there by 11:45 the latest) then the car was going from the church to pick up the ladies from my parents house (should arrive at 12:15/12:30) then all going to plan arrive at the church at 1:00 for the ceremony. As you can see the boys will be at the church extremly early. So then I was thinking if the car just comes straight to my parents house then to the chruch, but then how will the boys get there? FIL can drive 3 or them and the other 2 can go in another family members car? I dont think I like this arrangement. What has everyone else think? Please suggest! Much Thanks in advance xxx

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Goorm and Groomsmen transportation to Church

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 am

I would say the 2nd car option is easier than having the limo go back and forth.

Having a taxi or a willing friend or family member get them to the ceremony is probably a good option, however if you want them to have a hired car to make them feel special most companies should have smaller cars available for hire but bear in mind that said car WILL leave immediately after dropping them off. So it's up to you whether that's a cost you don't mind having

Mrs Babb to be
Topic Author

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

Thank you so much for your sugguestions. What I am thinking is: Boys get picked up at 11:00am, will arrive at the church at about 11:45ish, then the car will come to my parents place and will arrive at about 12:15-12:30ish then the girls jump in the car and head to the church as there is another seadon anyway picking me and dad up. So, the down fall about this is the boys will arrive at the church an hour early, (this is ok i think as guest usually arrive an hour to half an hour before the ceremony anyway.

What are your throughts?
Much Thanks xx

Mrs Babb to be
Topic Author

Re: Groom and Groomsmen transportation to Church

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 am

HAHAHAHA just reliased that my post was the same as the first one, so I think we will stick to that lol, Just wanting to see how everyone else thinks of it.
Much Thanks xx

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:09 pm

My church/reception were all near my hotel. The boys drove in, checked DH and I into hotel and left our car there for us the next day and walked to a nearby pub for lunch before the ceremony.

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 am

We had a bar near our church as well so the guys could have spent a bit of time there before if they wanted. DH used the opportunity to greet guests as they arrived

Mrs Babb to be
Topic Author

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

Thank you very much ladies. Exactly Teska, that's what I think FH and bridal party will do, greet the guest and just chill whilst he waits! X

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

fh and his best man (his son) will drive down to the ceremony in our car, we arent having a wedding car for me, no one will see it so didnt see the need to spend money on that and could use the money elsewhere.

most grooms and groomens I have know have driven to the ceremony or had someone from the family drop them off
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35