A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Melbourne Photog Recs?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi ladies,
I've just had an email from my photographer who has to pull out from my wedding (April 2014).

Do you have any other recommendations for Melbourne photgraphers?
I need full day coverage (from the getting ready until the end) with all edited photos and our budget is around $3000 for it.

Thanks in advance :)

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Melbourne Photog Recs?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Abby B is who we're going with, she's absolutely gorgeous:
http://www.abbybphotography.com.au/ She's $950 for 6 hours coverage, not including the photos- you can decide what photo package you want after you see the photos.

Rochelle81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Kym griffiths was my photographer and she was amazing. i love my photos and she was great on the day. I think we paid a little over $3000 but that included the album which you could probably choose not to have to cut down the price. We had her for 8 or 9 hours.

lorie_85

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Hallo hun,
I am sorry to hear about your photographer...

I highly recommend Shane from Vanity Image, he is based in Sydney but he have just returned from Melbourne (he is thinking of moving down to Melbourne from what I hear on facebook lol), I have been fallowing him for so long and he is just great as what he does.

http://www.vanityimage.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vanity-Image-Photo-Cinema/145457652216324

good luck hun

claireadam

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm using Laura Manariti, she was $1600 for full days coverage and all photos edited and on disk.
This includes both bride and groom getting ready. I went to her as a referral from my videographer who we know already so we got a great deal with her, her work looks gorgeous.
Pm me if you want details

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Clare Metcalf.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'll do a bit more of a look at their websites/facebook pages.

Unfortunately it seems like Clare no longer works the eastern suburbs (from her website). I can't imagine the commute over this side from Sunbury seems very fun! It is a shame, her website/work looks lovely.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:52 am

As you have a lot of recs already, I won't add mine. But if for any reason the others fall through, shout out. This one is brilliant as well.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks everyone again, for your help and recommendations.
I've also just received some recommendations from our original photographer as well so I've been doing a lot of googling and looking at photographs and getting quotes!
Hopefully we find someone who we like soon.

Thanks again.

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:22 pm

I posted this on the vent vault wall, but thought I'd post it in here in case you missed it

Jo Cush (fotojojo) is amazing and within your budget. She is super warm and takes amazing pics.. Check out Stylemepretty's Oz website and type in Jo Cush and you will see my wedding and get some ideas of the pics that she can take!

Good luck with it all!!!

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:10 pm

dungie79 wrote:
I posted this on the vent vault wall, but thought I'd post it in here in case you missed it

Jo Cush (fotojojo) is amazing and within your budget. She is super warm and takes amazing pics.. Check out Stylemepretty's Oz website and type in Jo Cush and you will see my wedding and get some ideas of the pics that she can take!

Good luck with it all!!!

Thankyou! I hadn't noticed, so it was lovely that you came in here to let me know again. I'll add her to the list for my research!

jazzibee23

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I haven't chosen yet but i think Phenomena Photography and Cinematic is who i think I'm going with, they do photo and video packages and are okay with giving a bit of a discount :P

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm

So my original photographer emailed me back with a list of photographers she has worked with previously (and she has worked for in situations like this) and said that she will organise for a new photographer for us for the day.

Then my original photographer (Kate) will edit all the images to achieve the look we wanted, make Thank You cards from our chosen image and then also make us one of her custom albums (which I've always thought amazing, but at $6-900 not in our budget) as a thank you for being understanding about the situation.

So we've decided on Vanessa Norris http://vanessanorrisphotography.com/ for the day.

I just wanted to thank every one of you again for your help and ideas for wonderful photographers (man, seriously, can I have 4 people to photograph my wedding?) You made my job very hard to decide who to go with!

MattPalmer

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 pm

We travel, but I also recommend KS Photography as listed in this thread and Lakshal Perera, both of whom are great friends and photographers.

lorie_85

Thu May 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi hun,

Vanity Image has just moved to Melbourne now :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21