I just love to talk
Topic Author

I'm not enjoying planning my wedding.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Not at all.

never too old
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: I'm not enjoying planning my wedding.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 pm

my first piece of advice is talk to your fh about what the two of you want and please yourselves and no one else. Secondly focus on what you'd love about the wedding planning i.e. dress hunting, shoe hunting etc and do some of this to get your excitement back.

Annie&Pete
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:14 pm

We had everything planned and now that I'm organising it, his family have issues & he's taking their side (which I understand but it doesn't make it easier for me) so now I have no idea what to do. I feel like I have no say in my wedding or that it will turn out how I want it to. I just want to cry.

melyz86

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm not sure if you've set a date or not but my advice would be to wait and to also stand your ground, especially when it comes to other people's 'opinions'. It is yours and your FH's special day and noone elses. Personally, and this is how I was with my own wedding, if you don't like how I'm doing things and don't agree with any of it then I don't believe they should be there celebrating such a special occassion.

Hopefully you can get your excitement back!

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Definitely stand your ground. We had so many issues with DH's family it just seemed easier to elope.

In the end we agreed that everything was going to be a "surprise" and managed to keep them out of most of it so that we could plan in peace.

Planning a wedding isn't all rainbows and colour swatches like they show in the movies BUT it should still be a special time for you and your FH and there is no point in planning a beautiful wedding if you just want to rip each other apart before you get to the altar over a couple of stickybeak in-laws/family members. (Been there, done that! And the surprise idea saved us)

Good luck!

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 pm

I agree with the other comments, if you two planned it together and now his family are causing issues then its their issues not yours and you do have to stand strong.

I was railroaded by a very over bearing ex mother in law with my first wedding and to be honest it ended up with me just asking what time I should turn up. I had no say in it and it wasnt the day I wanted.

This time around its just me and FH planning and we are having the wedding WE want and not what everyone else thinks it should be
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4