A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

carmen84
Topic Author

photographer-change of mind

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:05 pm

I found a photographer we liked and were in communication to seal the deal. After a week of correspondence we arranged to meet next week.
Just today I have found another photographer that is great also,little cheaper and it included 2 photographers.

I feel bad pulling the pin on the other photographer, even though i havent paid a deposit or anything yet. Anyone else been in this situation??

Mrs Kylo
I survived and got married!
I survived and got married!

Re: photographer-change of mind

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 pm

You know what, its not personal its business..just thank the first one for their time, tell them you've come across another photographer you want to check out & you'll be back in touch either way to let them know whether you want to go forward with them

And fx you find an awesome photographer! :)

MattPalmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:20 am

Happens to photographers all the time. I don't mind not getting everyone's business, what I care about is that everyone I work with feels connected to my work. Hopefully this other photographer will feel the same way.

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:29 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the deposits haven't been put down so technically there is no booking and all it does is leave a space open to a person who might think that photographer is everything they want.

The photos are the only thing you will have left at the end of the day so you need to be happy with them and with who you book

lorie_85

Thu May 02, 2013 1:53 pm

its all about the work and most important the personality of the person that is going to be at your wedding.

One of my very good friends has changed to Vanity Image as she just loved them, she had even paid a deposit with a different photographer but she wasnt happy with him...

its your one special day so dont find a cheaper photographer cause of the cost your images will be the last thing you will be looking at for generations to come, dont set yourself to second best. Cut your budget on other things but not your photographer.

the Personality and work is the most important not price.

Vincent
Photographer
Photographer

Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 am

Maybe you can meet them both ?

Cheers
Vincent

S&A

Thu May 16, 2013 1:52 am

Don't worry. This is absolutely no problem. I am a wedding photographer and know that this can happen. But as long as their is no deposit paid and no contract signed you have all the rights to select a different photographer when you found one which you like better. Just be honest and polite and let the other TOG know.

The wedding photographer would usually do exactly the same - as long as I don't have the deposit and the signed contract I would negotiate with somebody else enquiring. But also be honest and let the bride know.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13