A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Annie&Pete
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Who contributed to your wedding fund?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 am

Just wondering how common it is for people to contribute to weddings, I'm sure this has been done before but I couldn't find the thread......

:)

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Who contributed to your wedding fund?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:49 am

first time around my ex inlaws paid for the wedding and took full control and I basically just turned up and had no say in anything.

this time around its us paying for everything ourselves and I wouldnt expect anyone to contribute as we are both old enough to do it ourselves.

I have planned everything this time around and looking forward to enjoying the day with the small group who are coming along. We are not having a wishing well as we dont believe in them and have requested that no gifts be given as everyone is flying in for the wedding and thats enough for us.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 am

We paid for absolutely everything ourselves.

However, my mum did the flowers which saved us a small fortune. Plus, we got a gift of a new fridge/freezer from my folks and 2k cash from DH's folks.

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 am

We've paid for mostly everything, except my Mum is contributing towards the reception, our mini-moon accommodation and FBIL/FSIL's flights. She's also contributed a bit towards my dress, the BM's dresses and little bits and pieces along the way.

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:43 pm

We paid for almost everything, my mum paid for the $2000 bar tab and his parents paid for the cake ($260) and we paid for everything else. It was great though as like the others have posted we got full control and it made the planning more fun for me to try to find things
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24