A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Peaches1988
Topic Author

When is it too early?

Thu May 30, 2013 8:11 pm

So I still have 10months to go but already have so many things booked and organised for the wedding and I just want to keep organising (or go back and do it all again) :lol:.

My question is: When is it too early to buy things like shoes, jewellery (Bride and BM) etc? Im a bit worried about changing my mind if I buy them now but on the other hand I have found some really nice things that are on sale and I dont know if I should take up the offer???

We also dont have the wedding night accommodation booked yet but im hoping we might get a good deal closer to the wedding. Am I taking a big risk considering it is a Friday night during April and we want a decent hotel in the Sydney CBD??

Mandy Moo

Re: When is it too early?

Fri May 31, 2013 1:53 am

Its never too early.....the key is to stop looking once you have these things! :lol:

I got my Shoes, and a heap of my jewelery (and also my dress for that matter) at the 14 month mark! I stopped looking at other options right away, and i am yet to regret or question any of the choices i made 6 months ago.

So i think if you find things, and you love them, get them. Just dont look for alternatives. It will make it easier later on, and you will have less to do! :wink:

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 31, 2013 11:57 am

Mandy Moo wrote:
Its never too early.....the key is to stop looking once you have these things! :lol:

I agree with this whole heartedly - and this goes for all your wedding decisions. Once you have made up your mind about something don't keep looking or researching anymore!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri May 31, 2013 12:37 pm

well you do really need to wear your shoes in ;)

its defiantely not too early, you dont want to leave it to the last minute then not be able to find what you want

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 31, 2013 2:16 pm

I would go against the grain here and suggest you hold off on buying shoes/jewellery. There will always be a sale on somewhere and you might like the next season's design alot better than the current one. It's nice to tick things off the wedding to do list but what happens if you change your mind between now and the wedding? It's easy to say that you won't look aroud after you make a purchase but in reality it's really hard (for me anyway).

Re your wedding night accommodation, it depends on what kind of hotel you're talking about and its location. Most corporate hotels are generally quieter over the weekend and so there shouldn't be any issue finding a decent hotel closer to the wedding date. BUT if you're thinking of somewhere along Darling Harbour for example, then it would be worthwhile looking earlier becase there might be a convention during that time and alot of hotels in that area will be booked out. But again, 11 months is heaps early to start looking at wedding night accommodation :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16