A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

carmen84
Topic Author

wedding makeup trial-white

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:22 pm

I've had some bad experiences with makeup for every professional i've had in the past. My sisters wedding, everyone was way too pale. At my other sisters wedding the makeup artist was so slow, and once again the makeup was awful in photos.

I had my trial last week and one thing i got out of it was i want a more natural look, but not too natural where it looks plain. In the mirror i was a bit shocked because it the makeup just wasn't me. I asked for the eyes to be tamed down but still wasnt 100% sure. I don't usually wear makeup at all, besides some mineral powder and eye shadow at times.

I took some photos, and it looked better in the photos than in person, but i still don't like it.

What do you ask for where you don't want that white undertone, or powdery look. I want a more natural, bronzey look.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bronze%20makeup

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Re: wedding makeup trial-white

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:06 am

Makeup for looks in person and makeup for photos are very different. So you need to decide what you want to prioritise.

Do you have photos from your trial? Simply describe what you didn't like about it, and show pictures which show a look more in line with what you're after.

lorie_85

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Where are you from?
I know this great make up artist Sophia Veneri, She is based in Sydney but she would travel interstate and her work is just amazing: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Makeup-By-Sophia-Veneri/173544426035714
I have birth make which I dont want in my wedding pics and she did an amazing job to hid it and it just looks natural.
Also I have seen a pic of one of her bride with a really bad birth make (the bride was a darker sink color) and she did an amazing job to cover it and look nature and thats what it attracted me to her.. I just cant find the pics to share :(

And the make up she does looked great in person and in pictures.

good luck and I hope that you will find your dream make up artist.

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:20 pm

something I was told by a friend whos a make up artist, the reason makeup will look pale or white in photos is because the foundation has a sunscreen in it, so ask for the makeup to be photo ready and that the foundation doesnt have a sp block in it.

good luck finding a makeup artist you are comfortable with, it was something I struggled with as well

carmen84
Topic Author

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks, i've got pictures to show her for next time.
I think it just comes down to the fact i'm not used to makeup and i don't want to shock my fiance too much haha

carmen84
Topic Author

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:18 pm

haha thats ok
I did tell her and she wiped parts off and added this and that. I have a photo to show her next time.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38