A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

carmen84
Topic Author

is this rude to you?

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm

So we are having a small wedding and we culled a lot of people...having only people we know, like and are in contact with.
The rsvps went out and they need to be back end of this week. I sent nz wedding invites out earlier to give them extra time to coordinate flights, save etc.
So far only 2 local people on partners side have responded, although through his mother in nz, she had told my fiance who is coming, who has booked flights and who isnt coming. She hasn't told me or my mother...we are are ones on the rsvp card and the ones who are organising catering. So i'm annoyed with rsvps! the other thing that has annoyed me is, we had trouble contacting my fiances brother to give him his invite. He is a bit of a nomad and doesn't answer his phone when he doesn't want to be contacted and no one knows where he lives. We have heard he has a partner now and lives in our town, and she has a heap of kids to a guy in jail lol..thats all we know. No one has ever met any of his girlfriends even though he is in his mid 30's so we half expect he will come to the wedding alone.
Future father in law got in contact with him and was meeting him for dinner, so i gave him the invite and put his partners name on the invite also. Future father in law said he would find out his reply and tell us asap, which is easier than having to track him down. His father didnt get back to us but but told my fiance on the phone, he is coming with his girlfriend AND one of her kids.
Is this rude for them to invite their child, when we didnt put the kid(s) on the invite??? i understand if the kid is a baby and can come with the mum, but its older. Only one other child is coming who is under 3.
You would think if people want to be fed they would rsvp through the right channels...so frustrating.

carmen84
Topic Author

Re: is this rude to you?

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:49 pm

sorry this shouldve went in vent section lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28