A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jaynage
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Help with Order of Service booklet for Catholic mass?

Thu May 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi ladies, having some trouble putting together my OOS and need some help! We're getting married in a Catholic church, with the full mass/communion etc. Wondering if anyone has any templates for an OOS for this type of ceremony, I'm getting really stuck!

Thanks in advance!

burberry
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Help with Order of Service booklet for Catholic mass?

Thu May 22, 2008 3:15 pm

hey, jaynage..

do you just want the templates for printing or do you want the actual wordings and order of the mass?

jaynage
Topic Author

Thu May 22, 2008 3:26 pm

burberry wrote:
hey, jaynage..

do you just want the templates for printing or do you want the actual wordings and order of the mass?

Both if possible! Mainly concerned about the wording at this stage, but I will take any help I can get!

Tukie
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 22, 2008 5:11 pm

I can't help you much, because we were married in an Anglican Church. But our Minister lent us copies of OOS from ceremonies he had performed previously. This was really handy because I thought I had to put in a lot more than I did, and also they can get a little pernickety about how they like certain prayers are laid out (like the Our Father). So I suggest giving you priest a call.

burberry
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 22, 2008 5:26 pm

jaynage, your priest should be able to give you copies of OOS from previous weddings he's done. are you able to ask him? let me know how you go. i have a few in here.. :)
Last edited by burberry on Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaynage
Topic Author

Thu May 22, 2008 7:29 pm

Thanks guys, we're meant to be meeting with the priest this weekend, so I'll see if he can help us!

Jilly & Cammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 22, 2008 11:10 pm

Here's a website that has a list of readings that you can include:
http://catholic-wedding.info/readings-rite.htm

I also have attained a template for a Mass Booklet. I'll be happy to send it to you. Just PM your email address and I can forward it to you. :)

peanutbutta

Fri May 23, 2008 12:24 am

Hi Jaynage, I've got a copy of my OOS. Give me your email address and I'll send it to you. I had a full catholic mass and my OOS had every single word of the mass in it. I've seen OOSes with just the important bits in it but I wanted the full version coz a lot of our guests weren't catholic and we wanted them to be able to follow.

Yeah, putting together the OOS was pretty stressful for me too. Your priest should give you a book (don't remember what it's called) which has the wordings of the mass in it, and at certain parts of the mass you get to choose from a few different versions and you decide which version you like and basically cut and paste it to suit you. Sorry if I'm not making sense. My DH is playing with his WII and has the sound turned up... which makes it hard for me to concentrate on what I'm typing :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39