A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sarze
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

mother of bride dress - brisbane

Mon May 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi everyone,
Mum wanted me to ask where she should go shopping for a dress for the wedding (we live in Gladstone - no shops - so she only has 1 or 2 weekends in bris to shop). She is a young mother of the bride so really just looking for a nice dress (ie, nothing from noni B etc). Any suggestions for where to find nice boutiques?
Thanks

sarze
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: mother of bride dress - brisbane

Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Thanks for the reply!
We will be driving down so we will check out underwood.
Mum has had a look in the city but she is a bit fussy when it comes to service, she didn't like Dj's or Myer because the clothes are organised in brands rather than type of clothes so she felt like it was too hard to find special occasion wear amongst it all, I think she just prefers boutiques where someone will come and ask what they can help with :)
I think she would pay up to $400 but $800 is probably a bit much (she needs that money to pay for our reception hehe)

I have also heard West end has a few boutiques? Never been there so any opinions would be great

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue May 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Yep I understand completely where your mum is coming from. Sometimes you just want that personalised service and someone to help you!
Your mum will be able to find something lovely up to a $400 budget in Brisbane. West End does have some fashion stores, but most of them are sort of more an alternative/retro flavour, caters more to the youth market. There are some nice boutiques however in South Brisbane right near South Bank, and there are also some lovely boutiques in Paddington, close to the city. Your mum might even find something nice to wear at Stones Corner, which is sort of like a fashion outlet area about 5-10 minutes from the city. Think DFO sort of prices, but it's a shopping strip of individual boutiques and shops, rather than a shopping centre. There are a few shops along the strip that cater more towards evening and formal wear, so I would definitely recommend checking it out. There's also an excellent shoe shop, Suna, at Stones Corner, if she's looking for shoes as well!

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Tue May 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Harts at Indooroopilly - they stock formal wear and MOB wear BUT you just don't go near that section if your Mums in the younger category (like mine). Look on the MrK website, see if there is anythin she likes and if so Harts will probably have it in stock. Has she tried Mask in the city? There is a few formal stores around Chermside area - never been into them though.

Brown-eyed Girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 27, 2008 6:52 pm

There is a nice shop in Paddington called Living Silk. It has lots of nice clothing in there. My mum got her outfit for my brothers wedding there, we found them nice and friendly too.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2