A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

haze2009

gold or silver

Tue May 27, 2008 12:27 pm

if your wedding ring is going to be gold are you wearing gold or silver jewerlly??

Merrin1
Waiting for May
Waiting for May

Re: gold or silver

Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Gold - and I'm making my BM wear gold too :twisted:

ThailandNic
is dreaming of pina coladas

Tue May 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Personally, I don't think it matters. My wedder is gold and the rest of my jewellery on the day is silver. I hadn't actually thought of this, but oh well!

pauankim

Tue May 27, 2008 12:31 pm

White gold wedding rings so all accessories will be silver

Mel0205
"Marriage of True Minds"
"Marriage of True Minds"

Tue May 27, 2008 12:32 pm

I have a white gold ring and I'll be wearing white gold (or silver) if any at all.

Personally, I can't stand it when people mix yellow gold and white gold together. All my BMs wear silver or white gold anyway so that worked out well.

montenard
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 27, 2008 12:32 pm

my wedding ring will be gold and Im wearing my mother's pearl necklace (something borrowed). Not sure what yet I will have for me or my BMs

katben14
I survived and got married

Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 pm

I have a white gold sapphire engagement ring so i'm going to be wearing white gold earrings(the earrings are going to be made to match the ring) no necklace for me hehe!

ThailandNic

Tue May 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Mel0205 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand it when people mix yellow gold and white gold together.

I don't see how it matters. Your ring is on your finger, the rest of your jewellery is up on your head (unless you wear a bracelet too), they're not sitting right next to each other.

Having said that, my e-ring is 2 tone anyway, so I could have got a yellow gold or platinum ring to match it, but I chose yellow gold.

Don't stress me out people! *runs around pulling her hair out* I never thought of this, but FH has bought me a beautiful sterling silver and pearl necklace as my wedding present to wear on the day, and I WILL wear it with my yellow gold ring! hehe

haze2009

Tue May 27, 2008 12:41 pm

my bridesmaids are both silver people so we got silver for them. Now its my turn to look for me and Ive got a gold engagement ring and my wedding band is gold Im leaning towards going for the gold for jewerlly and have a strapless dress so Im also wondering how many girls are going with or with necklaces

Mel0205
"Marriage of True Minds"
"Marriage of True Minds"

Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 pm

ThailandNic wrote:
I don't see how it matters.

Just a personal choice. I don't particulalry like the look of them together.

But - you shouldn't stress about it because if you like the look then that's what you should go for. :)

*..brooke..*
aka Darren's Missus
aka Darren's Missus

Tue May 27, 2008 12:46 pm

ThailandNic wrote:
Mel0205 wrote:
Personally, I can't stand it when people mix yellow gold and white gold together.

I don't see how it matters. Your ring is on your finger, the rest of your jewellery is up on your head (unless you wear a bracelet too), they're not sitting right next to each other.

Having said that, my e-ring is 2 tone anyway, so I could have got a yellow gold or platinum ring to match it, but I chose yellow gold.

Don't stress me out people! *runs around pulling her hair out* I never thought of this, but FH has bought me a beautiful sterling silver and pearl necklace as my wedding present to wear on the day, and I WILL wear it with my yellow gold ring! hehe

Hun, don't worry. I am sure your jewelry will look beautiful. The way I see it is, everyone is going to have differing opinions, and as long as you are happy with what you chose - that is all that matters =) I haven't even thought of jewelry yet EEK so I have no idea!

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Tue May 27, 2008 12:47 pm

I'm wearing both.

My wedder is yellow gold, my e ring is yellow gold, my diamond studs are white gold, and my necklace is this.
picresized_th_1207211190_my necklace[2].JPG

i don't think it really matters that much. Wear whatever you like. Like Nic said, your ring is on your hand, nobody is going to notice.

mogle
~Urban Queen~
~Urban Queen~

Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 pm

ThailandNic wrote:
Personally, I don't think it matters. My wedder is gold and the rest of my jewellery on the day is silver. I hadn't actually thought of this, but oh well!

It probably wouldn't have really influenced my choice either. I went with white gold jewellery (earrings, bracelet, brooch) because my theme was green, burgundy & silver. My rings are platinum so they did fit in nicely.

IceLee
Mrs Nutcracker
Mrs Nutcracker

Tue May 27, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm having my BM's wear gold accesories (well my chief bridesmaid came up with an idea in that way, and I liked the idea- of red dress with gold accesories), and im thinking of buying them ruby necklaces with gold settings as part of their presents, Im not sure for myself because a friend of mine is making my necklace as part of wedding present and itll be red and gold, my e ring is gold with garnet (so dark almost like a ruby- people think its a ruby straightaway so that was good considering none of the ruby stone rings fit me when I went e ring shopping with FH :lol: Ruby being my birthstone and all) and my wedder will most likely be plain gold made to match my e ring as my e ring is an unusual shape (victorian setting and all) so its like, two narrow bands widening in the middle so I think maybe a chevron shaped wedder might fit with it because I want to wear my e ring with wedder for a bit of bling :lol: On the day I will wear the e ring on my right hand of course!

Bakaness
I have Unpopular Opinions
I have Unpopular Opinions

Tue May 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Mel0205 wrote:
I have a white gold ring and I'll be wearing white gold (or silver) if any at all.

Personally, I can't stand it when people mix yellow gold and white gold together. All my BMs wear silver or white gold anyway so that worked out well.

You'd hate my wedder then! It's yellow, white, and rose gold all together. :lol: The rest of my jewelery was silver, partly because I usually prefer it, and partly because I made it myself, and have never worked with gold wire... :wink:

haze2009

Tue May 27, 2008 2:36 pm

my theme is pink and purple and I just found this on ebay and have put a bid on cause I love them!

Finally_getting_hitched

Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I wore yellow gold.
My engagement ring is both yellow and white gold and my wedder is yellow gold.
I also wore silver shoes.

erinjb
Eckylicious
Eckylicious

Tue May 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Gold wedding band, my dress is yellow so I'll be wearing gold jewellery (which is what I normally wear anyway)

kryshia
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Tue May 27, 2008 9:43 pm

My ring is gold and my jewellery will be silver!

lachesis
Trashed the Dress
Trashed the Dress

Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 pm

My e-ring is yellow gold with a little bit of white gold or something holding up the central diamond so it doesn't look yellow and my wedder is yellow gold.

I wore silver jewellery on the day (just earrings and a simple necklace) because I find gold a little garish when there's lots of it and my dress was pink with diamond white lace so gold really wouldn't have worked.

I had my bouquet in my hand for most of the day too so there are very few photos from the day where you can even see my ring let alone pick the colour of it!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35