A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dolbec_84
::Princess with Attitude::
::Princess with Attitude::

Re: gold or silver

Tue May 27, 2008 10:08 pm

my e ring and wedder is 9ct yellow gold.. but my neclace and earings are silver.. only coz i cant wear gold earrings otherwise they get infected.. :) im not worried what anyone thinks of it. its just the way the cookie crumbles.. :) LOL

Marigold
I survived and got married

Tue May 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Ahhhhhh I am having this dilemma!

My engagement ring is white gold, but my dress is ivory with a lot of lace detail - the lace has gold thread with gold beads in the bodice. What do I do? Silver looks too silver next to that gold but gold clashes with the ring.........I thinking of getting crystal with a slight gold backing you can't really see - to try and tie in the gold, and the crystal with the diamond. Or should I wear pearls? But I'm thinking I should take the opportunity to bling it up. Help me girls! (I am spending way too much time thinking about this when I should be studying!)

haze2009

Wed May 28, 2008 10:10 am

go and study you nawty girl! I would go pearls if I was in your situation

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Wed May 28, 2008 10:14 am

My E ring is yellow gold (as my wedder will be). But on the day I will be wearing either silver or that tarnished/antique look colour - IYKWIM?? Although now I have picked my dress, which is a pale ivory colour, it will probably be silver.

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Wed May 28, 2008 10:17 am

Marigold wrote:
Ahhhhhh I am having this dilemma!

My engagement ring is white gold, but my dress is ivory with a lot of lace detail - the lace has gold thread with gold beads in the bodice. What do I do? Silver looks too silver next to that gold but gold clashes with the ring.........I thinking of getting crystal with a slight gold backing you can't really see - to try and tie in the gold, and the crystal with the diamond. Or should I wear pearls? But I'm thinking I should take the opportunity to bling it up. Help me girls! (I am spending way too much time thinking about this when I should be studying!)

Marigold, I would go for gold(hehe) so that it ties in with the gold thread in your dress. Like somebody said earlier, your rings are on your hand and the rest of your jewellery will be concentrated around your face.

Shoggs

Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 am

I pretty much only ever wear yellow gold however on the day I am wearing silver. My e-ring is yellow you with white gold around the diamont and my wedder will be yellow gold with a band of diamonds. I'm personally not wearing gold as I haven't been able to find any jewellery that I think is totally stunning that is gold however in silver the array is HUGE. I think you should do what ever makes you feel beautiful on the day.

jaynage

Thu May 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Ordinarily, I'm strictly an all-gold girl when it comes to jewellery, however on the day, my wedding ring and engagement ring are gold, but I am wearing droppy cubic zirconia chandellier earrings set in a silver setting. Good time to break with tradition!

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Thu May 29, 2008 6:37 pm

im a gold girl in my "normal" life however the ring is white gold, havent thought about bands yet but as im normally a gold person im thinking of getting a two toned band. as for the other jewlery on the day, im prob go with silver as the theme is silver and black, may wear pearl necklace or earings as i LOVE pearls. otherwise i was thinking of wearing crystals/diamotes which always have a silver tone

rooftopbalcony
Arty Bee
Arty Bee

Thu May 29, 2008 6:44 pm

My wedding ring is gold and so is my engagement ring. I wore another ring on the day that was also gold - it was my great grandmother's engagement ring. But my necklace was silver with crystals and white/pearlish beads, because it matched the beading on my dress. I didn't have any other jewellery... but no - my necklace didn't match my rings at all, but it was still fine. My shoes were silver too.

I'd say your main jewellery should match your dress, rather than your wedding ring.

nikeedee
Queen of the Desert
Queen of the Desert

Thu May 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Actually, white and yellow gold look really nice together, FH almost got a white/yellow wedder
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22