A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Videographer: Has anyone used "Queensland Wedding Videos" ?

Wed May 28, 2008 6:06 pm

We're thinking of going with these guys for our wedding.
http://www.queenslandweddingvideos.com.au/

For all-day coverage, they are reasonably priced compared to a lot of other Brisbane-based videographers. We've viewed their sample videos online and they look to be good quality, but FH and I were wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the company that they could share?

kristen_86
Princess Kristen
Princess Kristen

Re: Videographer: Has anyone used "Queensland Wedding Videos" ?

Wed May 28, 2008 7:18 pm

Sorry I haven't heard of them. I think the best way is to meet up with them and see if you click with them ;)

Andie1983
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...

Wed May 28, 2008 11:48 pm

I swear I looked at about a million Videographers when I started my search, but I cant say that I remember that name... I litterally emailed about 30. Of that 30 only about 10-15 got back to me in the first instance to say whether they were still available or not and after that I didnt hear from alot of them when I asked for samples to be sent to me!

We ended up going with Brisbane Wedding Videos because although they were a little bit more expensive than we wanted, they talked me through the day and how it would run which other places couldnt seem to do. Plus of all of the DVD's we saw theirs was the best quality. All I can suggest to you is meet with them and look at full videos - not those clips that show all the good bits. I looked at one which was really well priced, so I contacted them and asked them to send videos. They sent me the higlights version of someones wedding which looked amazing and then later sent me the full version which was CRAP!! Honestly, jerky camera movements all the way through the ceremony, grainy picture etc. So yeah, thats the best advice I can give you - watch full clips - the highlights are exactly that - Highlights.

Good luck on the search :)

Schatz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Most videographers will give you a short demo (about 10 mins) of their work, which is like you said 'highlights" and their best stuff. But it also shows their style which is a bit different from one cameraman to another. So if the demo looks good but you still aren't sure, then by all means ask for a full product. Some testimonials would be a good thing to research as well.

Andie1983

Thu May 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Schatz wrote:
Most videographers will give you a short demo (about 10 mins) of their work, which is like you said 'highlights" and their best stuff. But it also shows their style which is a bit different from one cameraman to another. So if the demo looks good but you still aren't sure, then by all means ask for a full product. Some testimonials would be a good thing to research as well.

TBH I didnt notice any big difference in the highlights version from company to company. It wasnt until I got the full versions that you could see the pros and cons of each. But Im a sad, uncreative soul so I probably just missed it :lol:

Schatz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Andie1983 wrote:
TBH I didnt notice any big difference in the highlights version from company to company. It wasnt until I got the full versions that you could see the pros and cons of each. But Im a sad, uncreative soul so I probably just missed it :lol:

Hmm, did you look at a lot of demos or just a few? I have seen a range of them in my time, good and bad. The most recent one I saw was so cheesy I couldn't bear to watch it for more than 3 minutes! 8O

Andie1983

Fri May 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Schatz wrote:
Andie1983 wrote:

Hmm, did you look at a lot of demos or just a few? I have seen a range of them in my time, good and bad. The most recent one I saw was so cheesy I couldn't bear to watch it for more than 3 minutes! 8O

I watched well over 10...

smcreations
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 31, 2008 9:35 am

Just so that people don't get confused, at the moment, there is a company who has the website domain under brisbaneweddingvideo - without the 's'. They aren't the same company as their trading name is different...a google search will bring up both companies - so just ensure you are going to the correct site that Andie is referring to. I know Cathy from Brisbane Wedding Videos - they trade and have the 's' .

http://www.brisbaneweddingvideos.com.au

Good luck with your choice...it's always a juggle when your budgeting, but quality is worth the price, especially when you want this forever.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26