A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

2008bride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Girls getting married at Glengariff Winery!!!!

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi Girls,
I was just wondering if anyonw has any new photos of Glengariff?
Ive heard there are a couple of new things there, and i also heard the chairs are changing..... do you know if theyve changed yet?
and last question do you know if the undercover area has been finished yet?

Im so excited but were budgeting with my parents so we were just wondering if anyone had any new pics or info....
for the chairs we were going to get chair covers for the old chairs but if the new ones look ok then we wouldnt need to get them and save some money!!

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Re: Girls getting married at Glengariff Winery!!!!

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:27 pm

I was there last weekend forgot to take photos :( it was rainy n stuff.... they not changing downstairs... upstairs is complete though... thye added a ceiling, put up wooden panels around edges, bifold windows and thats bout it i think. What undercover area?

The chairs looked the same to me... she never mentioned anything bout changing them... we're having our ceremony upstairs on the balcony though... thats where all the renovations were done...

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:31 pm

I wont be going until later in the year when they open the 2010 bookings so frustrated cant book yet

2008bride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey,
Yeah their meant to be getting new chairs for downstairs.... not sure which ones
As for undercover area their meant to be doing an area which you can get married in which is undercover not too far away from where you get married now - if that makes any sense....
thats soo awesome upstairs is finished, i cant wait to see it!

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 am

I was never told but an uncover area... if it rains you get married upstairs on balcony or infront of the fire place...

mylove
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:48 am

this will be interesting to find out because if the new chairs are nice we can cancel our chair covers too and save alot of money!!!

2008bride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:32 pm

yeah apparently they are doing an undercover area i dont know when its meant to start or finish.....

as for the chairs, thats what i was thinking as well - not needing chair covers!

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:00 pm

you should just send Tracey an email she'll answer any questions you have... just ask when new chairs going to be there and start the undercover area...if chairs are coming before 8th august ill try remember to look so let me know :)

2008bride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks have just sent Tracey an e-mail so hopefully will hear back shortly and i will let everyone know :D

crashing_starz

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Am bumping this thread. As at today, Downstairs is getting cedar bi fold doors out to the ceremony area (to match upstairs windows), plus landscaping to the dam, plus a 100m waterfall near the barn - this is all to be complete by Feb. They are getting Chivari Chairs (google this to see, but basically timber looking chairs with black padding cushion).
I am going between Glengariff and Toparies at Samford. Toparies is pristine (we would be looking at a dinner, $6500), but my mum loves Glengariff (lunch on the balcony $4500). I am so stuck!
I am worried about glengariff as there are elements of it that seem shabby in comparison to Toparies (ie. floor boards are a bit sad looking, carpets are worn etc) but maybe am I being too fussy? Any constructive criticism to help me out???

Eskimo84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:05 pm

I'm having my wedding at Topaires in August (hopefully - confirming date this week). My best friends got married at Glengariff and we loved it there too... it's a bit hard to choose!

Not much advice... but a wish of good luck !!!

mylove
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 pm

I just posted my wedding photos at glengariff if that helps with the decision??
they where amazing and professional and everyone loved the venue so much it is magical at nightime :D

2008bride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 pm

we just got married at glengariff, it was beautiful!
the older styled areas sort of make it i think and the staff there are wonderful

Bec1983
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:06 pm

You have probably already made your decision, but you cannot go wrong with Glengariff. It is absolutely beautiful. I agree with some of the other posts, it is an older homstead and some of the "weared" look adds to the character of the place.

We got married there in May and people are still raving to us about how lovely the venue was, how profeesional and great the staff and service was, the fantastic food, etc.

I know that some brides are a little put off when they go to Glengariff because they find them not to be too flexible in terms of changing packages and very set on timeframes for how they want things to run on the day. This was not our experience at all. tracey did provide us with advice as to a running sheet for the day (which we were very grateful for as she has seen MANY more weddings than us). But at the end of the day, they do multiple weddings every week and I am willing to trust their judgement on what will and will not work. That beign said, we did want particular things and they were more than happy to accommodate this.

We got a hailstorm during our wedding and Tracey and Andrew could not have been more helpful in making sure we were happy with the last minute changes that resulted in. Andrew kept an eye on the weather for us while we had our photos inside so that as soon as the rain had cleared (and the Glengariff staff had got out with towels and goodness knows what else to dry down as much of the terrace as they could) we could get some brilliant shots with the sunset. My photos are in the hall of fame and we could not have been more happy with the results, photos that we would not have got without Tracey and Andrew's attention to detail on our special day.

I do not know a bride who was unhappy with Glengariff. As I said, guests are still raving about our wedding (I even have a couple of friends a bit annoyed at me because our wedding gets discussed more than their weddings that happened more recently).

You cannot go wrong with Glengariff

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Bec1983 wrote:
You have probably already made your decision, but you cannot go wrong with Glengariff. It is absolutely beautiful. I agree with some of the other posts, it is an older homstead and some of the "weared" look adds to the character of the place.

We got married there in May and people are still raving to us about how lovely the venue was, how profeesional and great the staff and service was, the fantastic food, etc.

I know that some brides are a little put off when they go to Glengariff because they find them not to be too flexible in terms of changing packages and very set on timeframes for how they want things to run on the day. This was not our experience at all. tracey did provide us with advice as to a running sheet for the day (which we were very grateful for as she has seen MANY more weddings than us). But at the end of the day, they do multiple weddings every week and I am willing to trust their judgement on what will and will not work. That beign said, we did want particular things and they were more than happy to accommodate this.

We got a hailstorm during our wedding and Tracey and Andrew could not have been more helpful in making sure we were happy with the last minute changes that resulted in. Andrew kept an eye on the weather for us while we had our photos inside so that as soon as the rain had cleared (and the Glengariff staff had got out with towels and goodness knows what else to dry down as much of the terrace as they could) we could get some brilliant shots with the sunset. My photos are in the hall of fame and we could not have been more happy with the results, photos that we would not have got without Tracey and Andrew's attention to detail on our special day.

I do not know a bride who was unhappy with Glengariff. As I said, guests are still raving about our wedding (I even have a couple of friends a bit annoyed at me because our wedding gets discussed more than their weddings that happened more recently).

You cannot go wrong with Glengariff

I have to agree, I attended a wedding back in October and it was lovely, nice place to tie the knot, the only problem was finding accomodation and getting to/from venue, but, dont let that deter you, this was because I live on southside, but I still had a ball, I am getting married at Cedar Creek Winery up at Mt Tamborine, so lovley

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am

haha this is funny to set his come up, i got married the day after Bec1983 at Gelngariff, and it is absolutly amazing, the staff are wonderful and the place is just historic! anyone thinking of getting married there, i can highly recomend it!!!

bsoon2b

Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 pm

I agree it does look a bit shabby in places. I regret booking Glengariff the service was impersonal, it's true they have done many weddings and they make you feel that way too - just another wedding.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:00 pm

What ever newbee with 1 post.... you have no idea..

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 pm

kiwicolz wrote:
What ever newbee with 1 post.... you have no idea..

actually Kiwi I have to now agree (and I have over 1000 posts). I was IN LOVE :heart: with the glengariff it was so beautiful, the price WAS good, had good feedback and had nice sounding food. I had my heart set and that was it. (see my other posts on the glengariff topic :lol: )
My initial contact was good with them, however they were reluctant to provide me with a copy of their packages as I was in the next year. to explain at the time we were i getting married in 2010 wedding they only had 2009 available and didnt want to give me (even the electronic version) of their packages (I just wanted an idea of what was on offer- if the 2009 prices where out of our range then the 2010 ones would have been IYKWIM?).
When I went to visist them they were very helpful (i got VERY lost over 20km in the wrong direction :oops: ).
I found most of the site was clean and presentable, however there was parts that parts where shabby, dusty, cobwebs etc. and the lush green rolling hills on the website where no-where to be found (thanks to the drought I know thats something they cant help), however the celebration lawn was also dry and not lush and green (and you think that section would be kept green even with rain water)
The price had also jumped significantly and I can only put this down to the increase in popularity.
Also I found that they were not willing to negotiate at all on any of the packages or price (ie I had my own wishing well, and I didnt like their table settings, wanted the ceremony in a church, and also didnt want the accomodation as we wanted to spend a night in the city with the bridal party) and they said that we didnt need to use their things however the cost will still be the same, which i found to be a bit rude.
from there it turned a little sour and they basically implied that if I didnt like it to go elsewhere and they didnt need my business (was actaully told that they have a wedding nearly every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the year) I did feel from there that I would be treated like "just another wedding". I know to them it is but to me its OUR wedding and OUR day and im sorry if this seems to be a bit bridzilla but I want to be treated special on OUR day (esp when we were looking at spending over $15,000 on 6hrs).
The drinks package also basically started straight after the ceremony (so the wedding would finish at 9pm 8O without adding extra).
So in saying that we are not going there now, we are now getting married in 2011 and have found that heaps of places in the city are the same price (some are cheaper for the sim packages and reputation) and they are willing to negotiate on packages and treat us special.

bsoon2b

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience ric & crys, I hope you have a beautiful wedding and are made to feel special. Even though we didn't want to change anything we also got the impression of a take it or leave it attitude which is not what anyone wants for their wedding. There is an advert that appears in lots of the bridal mags that says ' we have had hosted hundreds of weddings but never one as special as yours' I know this is a clever marketing line but it’s how you want to be made to feel. kiwicolz -just because I'm new to this forum doesn't mean that I have no idea or that my views don't count. I decided to join the forum because I came across this thread and felt strongly enough to register and post.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19