A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Re: Girls getting married at Glengariff Winery!!!!

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 am

Im happy to listen to others with a few posts up, but on this forum over a few years there are to many "newbeies" that get on and slam places.. obviously other venues trying to cut others down etc etc.. And until its proved that the newbie has been on other areas of the forum and has actively been invilved, not just one post or two now!!! slamming someone or something.. it means nothing.. as for Ric thats a different story..i can totally understand not having somethign to give you for next year.. but they could have tried.. but i stand by the place.. i do know they get heavily booked so to me that says enough!

janetburgman
JB
JB

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 am

can someone please post photos of this place? sounds v nice!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 am

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:59 am

it is a loverly place that's why I was sooo in love, it's an old queenslander.
I think kiwi it started to go down after your wedding, back then it was about them sharing your special day and making it magical, and from your posts and pics it looks like it was. i've just now unfortunatly been put off by them, to me there needs to be some flexibility, I think it just didn't fit in with the vision of the day

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:15 am

Ok well I'm getting married at Glengariff this October and I think it's the most beautiful place. My MOH was a bridesmaid for a wedding at Glengariff last weekend. So far I haven't any trouble with them they've been quite helpful and I asked to change the timetable a little and they were happy to do that for me. I can understand there might be a few cobwebs etc as it's a pretty old place but I don't think I'll even notice any of those little details on the day. Here are some photos of the venue from the weekend:

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Just bumping as I'm getting married here in Dec this year. :D

The DJ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Both are nice, but I honestly feel they are quite different, even if they are in the same region.

Dare I say Glengariff can get really quite hot in summer, and if you are booking during that time of year it is something to bare in mind. Personally I prefer Topiaries as a venue because of the small details they have put effort into that most other venues over look. That is obviously just my opinion though.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:37 pm

ohh the memories i have of Glengariff.. Such an amazing venue.. i wouldn't have had it anywhere else..

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 am

kiwicolz wrote:
ohh the memories i have of Glengariff.. Such an amazing venue.. i wouldn't have had it anywhere else..

Wow! Stunning photo! What time of year did you get married?
I know alot of people who have been there for weddings have complained to me that it's really hot in the summer but we live in QLD people! Of course it's going to be hot. I doubt I'll notice the heat and everyone else can just suck it up. :lol: I'm giving all my guests silk hand fans so hopefully that will help to take the edge off a little bit.

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:20 am

Any outside venue in QLD in summer is going to be hot, but because Glengariff is on a hill there is sometimes a breeze that flows through. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else, it is such a beautiful place and the staff are just amazing and don't get me started on the food, you will not go home hungry, it's very filling but very delicious! Here are some photos from our wedding (end of Oct last year)

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:41 am

We were married in May, so it was just right :D

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 am

I have been told that's the best time to get married there but FH only wanted a short engagement (less than 12 months) and I wanted to spend Xmas with my Bro and his family as they are coming from the UK, so December it is. 8) Had a look at your pro-pics....absolutely stunning my dear. The red looks divine on you. :mrgreen:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14