A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Jolene B
Topic Author

Advice on hair & makup supplier Angel IFX

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:38 am

Last edited by Jolene B on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrsSomers
Brady's Lady
Brady's Lady

Re: Advice on hair & makup supplier Angel IFX

Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:43 pm

i registered on a sunshine coast wedding website when suppliers contact you for quotes, and i get spam from them nearly every day. I thought it looked dodgy to be honest. If i were you i would cut my losses and go with someone reputable. Are you in Brisbane or the sunshine coast?

Jolene B
Topic Author

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 pm

I've been getting spam from them heaps as well. I'm in Brisbane.

MrsSomers
Brady's Lady
Brady's Lady

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:34 pm

yeah i think you would be much better off finding a different hair and makeup artist. Unfortunantly the one im using is just on the coast! You could ask the girls in the Brisbane thread for reccomendations viewtopic.php?f=69&t=88131

good luck with it all :D

kristen_86
Princess Kristen
Princess Kristen

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:53 pm

I would recommend Danielle Robinson to anyone ;) They are a bit more exxy, but so worth it in my eyes ;) I just had my trial and I am stoked with the quality of their service and their makeup and hair is gorgeous.

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:36 pm

I was going to book Angel IFX but aslked the girls on here 1st and everyone advised me not too.... i went with Beautifuls Images by Toula... and LOVED how she did my hair and makeup. Otherwise Danielle Robinson would have been my 2nd choice :) Its worth paying the extra money as your hair/makepu is in all your photos, plus you wanna feel gorgeous on your big day!!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:42 pm

I went with Cherisse Rosson (Cherisse Makeup Artistry) for my makeup. She uses Napoleon makeup and it was gorgeous. I loved my makeup on the day. She was extremely well priced too. I can't recommend anyone for hair sorry as my cousin is a hairdresser and did mine.

Have heard many many bad stories about AngelFx here.... do a search on "angel" by zoltansprincess and you'll see what I mean :wink:

arialia
Mrs Le'Roy
Mrs Le'Roy

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:47 pm

BrideMissy wrote:
I went with Cherisse Rosson (Cherisse Makeup Artistry) for my makeup. She uses Napoleon makeup and it was gorgeous. I loved my makeup on the day. She was extremely well priced too. I can't recommend anyone for hair sorry as my cousin is a hairdresser and did mine:

I have booked her for my wedding make up too .. she has been very friendly and the price is quite reasonable!

I would cut my losses if I were you, this other place doesn't sound good at all.

mizii
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 am

I also got a quote from angel FX, and it was cheap but there policy of 'discounting' if i booked that day put me off, and since then I have had nothing but spam from them. They actually received an ABIA award last year, so maybe they aren't all bad. But I think they work like companys such as 'The Powder Room' where they are just an agent for hair and make up people. So they get the work, and pass it on to individuals, take a large proportion of the money, and the stylists work for peanuts.

mizii
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:16 am

Jolene IM me if you can't find someone, my hairdresser has a make up lady she works with for weddings, and they are both great. They work from home, but are extremely professional. I will pass on their details if you wish

Jolene B
Topic Author

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:37 am

Last edited by Jolene B on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Argh how frustrating to be screwed around like that....

My rec's for hair and makeup are:

Make up - Cherisse make up artistry - She did a fantastic job on the day, made us all look great :)
Hair - Amber from Brush & Blush - I cannot recommend Amber enough her work is amazing!!!

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Yep I'm going with Cherisse too, thanks to recs from girls on here. She's lovely and I can't wait for my trial!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06