A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

katben14
I survived and got married
Topic Author

OOS & seating chart help

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:18 am

Hi girls i wanted to start on these kinda soon (as i forgot we have to have them 8O whoops) does anyone have a format or something to help me as i have no clue what i'm supposed to be doing lol! Any help good be great! Thanks :D

jaynage

Re: OOS & seating chart help

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:24 am

What I did for the seating chart was got a big piece of cardboard from the newsagent, and drew on a little map of the room with all the tables in place. Then I wrote all the guest names on another piece of card, cut them all out, and used bluetac to stick them in place. This worked MUCH better than writing them in using pencil, because it's much quicker to shift people around on the chart when you don't keep having to use an eraser and rewrite the names :D

katben14
Topic Author

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:42 am

jaynage wrote:
Then I wrote all the guest names on another piece of card, cut them all out, and used bluetac to stick them in place. This worked MUCH better than writing them in using pencil, because it's much quicker to shift people around on the chart when you don't keep having to use an eraser and rewrite the names :D

I was kinda hoping for a computer program to help like word or excel etc as i have the all the names on word. I'll keep looking!

mrscampbell
Domestic Goddess
Domestic Goddess

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:53 am

Kat, I used photoshop and it was easy but if you're not familiar with it, you might just find it frustrating! :lol:

jaynage

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 am

katben14 wrote:
jaynage wrote:
Then I wrote all the guest names on another piece of card, cut them all out, and used bluetac to stick them in place. This worked MUCH better than writing them in using pencil, because it's much quicker to shift people around on the chart when you don't keep having to use an eraser and rewrite the names :D

I was kinda hoping for a computer program to help like word or excel etc as i have the all the names on word. I'll keep looking!

Oops! Sorry I didn't read properly what you were after! Unfortunately I can't help much, as our venue provides the seating chart, and I just put our OOS together using Word. Good luck!

katben14
Topic Author

Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:02 pm

mrscampbell wrote:
Kat, I used photoshop and it was easy but if you're not familiar with it, you might just find it frustrating! :lol:

Unfortunaly my photoshop isn't working for me at the moment :evil: so i might just do it all in word. Thanks tho!

waratah
Mrs Pinky
Mrs Pinky

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 pm

For my OOS I used publisher, so that i could set it up in a booklet format.

For my seating chart, I used Word. If you are having circular tables, use can use one of the 'Smart Art Graphics' and there is a relationship chart called 'Radial Ven'. I hope that make any sense. I used the newest version of word, so i dont know if the old version has that chart or not.

miss_bella

Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:18 pm

i did both seating chart on the pc,and also using similar tactic to what jaynage did :) With word i didnt put cirles on there,just grouped names together until everyone was sitting in a 'group' i thought they'd be comfortable in :) if you wanted to have a map sort layout with all the tables and everyone sittting where you want them etc you could try paint? :?: or if your venue has a template they can send you? Our venue is doing this for us, so i can put everyones names in and send it back to them for when they set up our room hehe

ETA:Our venue,not sure if this is the case everywhere, but most likely is,as would make sense, is seats 1& 10 are the best seat and will be facing the bridal table, seats 4 &5 will have their back to the bridal table :) Just keep it in mind when seating ppl hehe

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 pm

PM me your email address and I'll email you my OOS word templates if you like.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04