A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Re: Brisbane Brides - Do you know of a good DJ or Band in Bris?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm looking at booking a DJ as well but I don't want someone who is really cheesy and pushy, I kind of just want someone to play songs and talk every now and then not between every song. Glen from party sound does sound good, would he suit what I am after, maybe I'm being too fussy! Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

kristen_86
Princess Kristen
Princess Kristen

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:04 pm

I have heard that Glen from Party Sound is really good!

We had a friend of the family play with his band, and they were sensational! They got everyone up and dancing, and even let some of the more musically minded guests come up and participate (which was really fun). I'm not sure if they normally do weddings, but I can find out if you are interested.

GorgeousGiggles
Aaron's Future Wife
Aaron's Future Wife

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Tan984 wrote:
I'm looking at booking a DJ as well but I don't want someone who is really cheesy and pushy, I kind of just want someone to play songs and talk every now and then not between every song. Glen from party sound does sound good, would he suit what I am after, maybe I'm being too fussy! Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

We had a meeting with him and he wasnt pushy at all. He gives you a webbsite with your own log in so you can chose all you own songs. He wont play anything you dont want played. He was very professional.

PiercedMumma08

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Have there been any more recent weddings with Party Sound?

Any more reviews?

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm

We are using Peter from Paramount Events.

PiercedMumma08

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am

Malin- obviously you are happy with Paramount!!!

How have you found working with them?

Peter just called me and he seems quite nice!

N

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 am

PiercedMumma08 wrote:

N

I actually haven't used him yet, and I haven't even talked to him! *lol* We're only using him because he comes free with our venue package, but from what I know about him I think he's great! Good to know he seems nice though! :)

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 am

We used Partysound and unfortunately got stuck with a dud DJ (he was late, didn't have our song list and sat there like a lump all night). But as soon as we complained to Partysound about it, they took action and were sooo nice and professional about it. The DJ was fired, they refunded a good portion of our money and were really apologetic and thankful for my feedback. We were just unlucky that he was the DJ we were sent on the night. My experience is the first negative experience I've heard of Partysound (and there are sooo many recommendations, just do a search on this website) and I would definitely still recommend them to my friends/family for a wedding or party.

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

If I can recommend any of our suppliers apart from our Celebrant, our band was definitely top of the list! They're called Mirrorworld. Otherwise known as ArchieRye and they rock! Main vocals are Simon Meola and he also plays solo for gigs too. Brilliant guys with great repertoire and really lovely. Spot on time, well presented and very laid back re: your requests. $1600 for the trio for 5 hours. Check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/drrockzoband

PiercedMumma08

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 pm

MalinViktoria wrote:
PiercedMumma08 wrote:

N

I actually haven't used him yet, and I haven't even talked to him! *lol* We're only using him because he comes free with our venue package, but from what I know about him I think he's great! Good to know he seems nice though! :)

Whoops! Our venue has said they are one of the top two.
I sent an email and Peter was calling within 10 minutes to talk and introduce himself.
Hope they do a good job I just wouldnt want a horrible DJ who ruined the night.

The DJ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

PiercedMumma08 wrote:
Whoops! Our venue has said they are one of the top two.
I sent an email and Peter was calling within 10 minutes to talk and introduce himself.
Hope they do a good job I just wouldnt want a horrible DJ who ruined the night.

They suggested Paramount was one of the top two DJ companies in Brisbane? I haven't heard anything negative about them I just find this surprising.

Anyway, if you want to compare suppliers I would suggest checking out the Australian Bridal Industry Academy website. You can compare DJs and other suppliers in your region based on their previous years score which I think is like a culmination of votes from Brides & Grooms who booked them that year. http://www.abia.com.au/directory

I've traditionally found some venues to be unreliable in their recommendations of suppliers because they have financial agreements with them to promote their bookings. Not saying that's the case in this instance as I've honestly no idea, but I guess it doesnt hurt to get as much information as you can.

PiercedMumma08

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Ok well thanks for confusing me.

Anyway, the venue didnt say they were the top two in Brisbane.

At the venue we have booked, the co ordinator said Paramount was one of the top two THERE.

Anyway, anyone else have any views? Comments?

The DJ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:59 pm

PiercedMumma08 wrote:

At the venue we have booked, the co ordinator said Paramount was one of the top two THERE.

Ah, well that is why I asked :)

sugarb_91
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 pm

The DJ wrote:
Anyway, if you want to compare suppliers I would suggest checking out the Australian Bridal Industry Academy website. You can compare DJs and other suppliers in your region based on their previous years score which I think is like a culmination of votes from Brides & Grooms who booked them that year. http://www.abia.com.au/directory
can.

Thankyou so much for posting that (I cant believe I haven't been on this site before!) :D :D

PiercedMumma08

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 am

I think we will go with Paramount.

The other DJ we were thinking of is good, but in the emails they tend to put down other companies and to me that just isnt professional and doesnt sit well with me.

N
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19