A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

babypink83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Stripper heels?

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:34 am

ok, so im short.. like around 155cm and fh is well over 180cm, my bridal party are allllll much taller then me. Anyways i've been looking around for some white really high heels or even silver and i cant seem to find any. I've seen a few online, so i purchased one and it came from america..it took aaagesss, well over 2 months, and by the time it came the size was too big..it wasnt worth me shipping back, it would just end up costing me too much so now there just sitting in a box in my room :roll:

Anyways, the ones i want are more like stripper heels, i dont really care how ugly they look because no one is going to see them (i hope not anyways :? 8O ) So im after something like these http://howcool.com/catalog/product_info ... cts_id=319 :lol: i know, but hey..what can i do, i know my back will hurt and so will my legs but its just for one night anyways. Im from around parramatta (sydney) so if anyone knows of an australian website of even a store where i can get those kind of heels without having to wait 2 months for delivery then pleassssee let me know. I havnt even started on my dress yet because my dress maker needs to know how high my shoes are gonna be.

Thanks a bunch for any feedback ladies.

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Re: Stripper heels?

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 am

What can I say, they're stripper heels! :D

But just remember that when you say no one can see them, that's when you're standing up! You won't be standing for all your photos, and you have the whole reception when you'll be sitting down and your shoes will be on display.

I think, everyone knows you and your FH, your height difference is a unique aspect of your relationship, why try and hide it! Just get yourself some gorgeous normal shoes with a nice high heel and you'll feel like a million bucks. :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:09 am

Last edited by Dandelion on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am

I dont think you really need to go so high. Im quite short and fh is tall as was my bridal party but with normal nice dressy high heel shoes it was fine. I was still the shortest one there but it didnt look odd or anything. I love my stripper shoes. I think mine are almost identical to the ones youre looking for but I got them about 4yrs ago on the Gold Coast.
I dont think anyway will see the shoes and if they do show no one will care. Its not like they are ugly or odd or anything.
I dont see a problem in you wearing them. They could even make a special feature on their own in some photos especially if you paint your toe nails in a pretty colour. I wouldnt wear them though if you arent use to wearing such high heeled shoes. You dont want to end up in the er on your wedding night with a sprained or broken ankle especially with all the dancing and fun of the reception.
If you do want to get the stripper shoes I could have a look tonight to see what brand mine are to see if you can track down the manufacturer incase they still make them or make something similar.

BrideLike
I survived and got married

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:32 am

Another who thinks you should be you when you get married.

anawigela

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:35 am

I reckon you should wear them, esp if you are self conscious about the high difference, if you don't care then i can tell you no one else will!! (but i personally love that sort of height difference as it makes you look heaps more feminine)
You can always just take them off at the reception and wear them a few times before your wedding day

BrideLike

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:38 am

anawigela wrote:
You can always just take them off at the reception and wear them a few times before your wedding day

If her gown is made to accommodate them there is no way she can take them off

jaynage

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am

If the height difference doesn't matter on any normal day, why should it matter on your wedding day? If you are unusually tall in your wedding photos due to wearing really high shoes, it won't look right anyway, because it won't look 'you', IYKWIM. Just embrace who you are, and be yourself :)

CharlieB
Mrs Edward Cullen
Mrs Edward Cullen

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am

Personally I wouldn't, but then I'm not a fan of heels at all and they are HUGE. You should go with something comfortable. I'm around 172cm, and hubby is around 208cm, so similar difference in height to you and your FH, it wasn't a problem for us, I'm use to being shorter than him and love it! Also one of our GM is abit taller than hubby and our photo's were fine. Be yourself :)

nikeedee
Queen of the Desert
Queen of the Desert

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:51 am

How on earth would you walk in those??? Unless the height difference embarrasses you, I woudlnt worry. There are worse things than being a short-arse !

BMB989
Forever & Always
Forever & Always

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:58 am

Personally i wouldn't as the height difference between you and Fh has been there the entire time. I think it'd make the photos looks odd IYKWIM. Just embrace it! i've seen some gorgeous photos of Brides and Grooms in different heights.

anica789
Pimp My Bride
Pimp My Bride

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:59 am

I'm pretty short, but there was no way I was going for heels higher than 5cm. I do not want to have my wedding day marred by aching feet/ legs/ back etc. Why not have some photos of you and your bridal party taken on steps so you can 'even it out' a bit?
While noone will notice the shoes, I think it's madness to out your body through that torture on your wedding day. Not to mention the risk of overbalancing and breaking your ankle (high platforms are notorious for this). Sorry.

MissMox
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Sexyland stores stock a big range of platformed heels otherwise I would recommend
http://www.electriqueboutique.com

From Fellow-short-arse

Willowmoon
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Yes its one day of your life but it could be the most important day of your life do you really want it ruined by your feet and back aching all day/night and then follow it up by not really being able to walk without pain the next day?

MoolieMoo

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 pm

I am surprised you aren't going for clear shoes they are so gorgeous, and princesslike!

If you can walk in heels you can walk in platform stilettos - they're padded and actually more comfortable than ordinary heels.

I say go for it if you like them! I love platform stiletto's!
Last edited by MoolieMoo on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babypink83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks for your comments ladies,

I wore platforms for my engagement and they felt ok, mind you i would LOVE to wear flats but then im going to end up looking like the flower girl :oops: :roll: . Platoforms seemed so much more comfortable then stilettos. I wear stilettos sometimes if im going to a party, wedding etc and that hurts the hell out of my feet. But for some reason i seem to find it easier to balance with platforms rather then stiletos. Ok so maybe the ones in the picture are a little too high, they are 6 inchs..maybe i should go for the 5inchs then..

I just came across a different website in Australia, they sell platforms and their shipping takes around 2 weeks which is much better then 2 months.

I know if i do end up falling over or twisting my ankles im gonna be hearing alot of 'i told you so' :lol:

miss_bella

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:03 pm

I tend to agree with everyone else.you shouldnt worry about the height diff.I know alot of people who are significantly shorter than their partners and it doesnt mater!As everyone else said, everyone knows your shorter than your fh :) However if you really want them,get them-I cnt help you with where i havent seen them before,sorry..

chicken_licken
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm

I think it's crazy myself, but it's your choice. A lot of my pictures had my shoes in them as well and that would make your photos all shoe. I don't not like them, but I would never, ever wear them.

xepphire
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I tend to not agree with everyone else. This is the one day you get to feel like a princess and if that means only being 5cm shorter then go for it. I'm getting 9.5cm heels so that i will only be up to FH nose. will be so fun not too stretch up for our kiss. I also do think platforms are awesome and not as painful. I used http://www.eastlayneshoes.com.au. They came in 2days and the size was good. they have a measurement chart on the website. They have quite a few platforms but not many are white so you have to look through

xepphire
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 pm

GZIP: On | Load: 0.2