A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*Blonde*
Party Queen
Party Queen

Re: Stripper heels?

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:56 am

If your height bothers you that much then you should find some comfy platforms. Don't got too sloped, eg I think:

would be better than:

as there is less pressure on the ball on your foot and instead your whole foot takes the weight. Have you thought about boots instead?

My dress was to the floor so no one saw my shoes. My shoes got uncomfortable after dancing all night so I took them off, and no one could tell (I am tall anyway). That is another reason I would suggest you find some comfy shoes as if you take them off half way through then people are going to notice - unless of course you don't care if people notice. :D I really hope you find some that you like!

MrsCtoBe

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:47 pm

http://www.faryaal.com.au

LOTS OF GORGEOUS HIGH HEELS!

two-ribbons

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 am

Psychoticguineapig

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:27 pm

I saw some shoes like in your original post, but in hot pink and reflective silver in Bet's and Bet's about a month ago. In Paramatta Westfield and in the Pitt Street Mall.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:25 am

stripper shoes are fine to wear if you are use to wearing them, but i can tell you if you plan on standing in them for hours on end, having photos, etc etc, by the time you get to the car to leave for the ceremony YOU WILL be in pain, and i will ruin your night, because you want want to get up and mingle or walk around, you cant just take them off because your dress will be the correct length for the shoes..like i said, if you are use to wering them go for it, but i suggest walking in them for 8 hours before and see how you go!! good luck but seriously we all have issues about ourselves, i have tats i didnt want showen on the day, nothing much i could do about it, and liek someone said... it's me. its apart of me, just like your height is you. you may actually look out of place being a lot taller than you acutally are!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:28 am

If your anything like me, I'm short with tiny feet (size 5-6) I got these black babys from spendless shoes for $39.95 in a size 5, so hard to come by in a chain store. They also came in white and tan. I'm 5 foot and FH is 6 foot and these ivory shoes are the ones I'm wearing on the day.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

I didn't read all the posts.

JodieR at Alluring Fashions has a range of shoes that are similar to that.

Also... you could try embracing your shortness. Get a cute little stepstool or something for photos. You can also have a variety of pics taken sitting, standing on rocks etc....

Mazz**
I survived and got married

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Use a BOX!!!! 8O Seriously unles you're up to walking in them babe i wouldn't!! but it's your day!! just hope your honeymoon isn't right after..... dang those calf muscles...... :?

GorgeousGiggles
Aaron's Future Wife
Aaron's Future Wife

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

I agree with the other girls!!! I wouldnt be wearing stripper heels on your wedding day. I would hate to hear of your falling over and breaking your ankle or something!!

onedaysoon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 am

Argh just the thought of wearing those shoes makes me cringe! I wore some high heels this evening for a short walk through the city and now have MASSIVE blisters on the bottom of each foot (each one is the size of a 20c piece and very gross). Every step I take now is excruciating, even in bare feet. I would hate hate hate that to happen on my wedding day - or yours! There is nothing wrong with being short and everybody who knows you loves you at the height you are, and will be expecting you to be that height on your day. I wouldn't risk pain, blisters or rolling an ankle for the sake of being a few inches taller!

mel_84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Would love to hear how you went with your shoes!

chelle7

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:52 pm

This is an old thread, but if there are any other vertically challenged ppl who are after platform heels, check out http://www.peeptoeshoes.com.au :-)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28