A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

autumnbride17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Novat Shoes??

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone bought their wedding day shoes from Novat? Are they expensive?

I'm having a bit of trouble finding shoes which aren't too high and aren't going to give me blisters. My feet are quite wide and alot of shoes either rub or cut in. Although I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a pair of shoes I'll only wear for one day, it's a long day so I do want them to be comfortable and so far I haven't really found anything at the usual shoe stores, so I'm considering checking out Allan Pinkus and Novat.

TIA :D

anica789
Pimp My Bride
Pimp My Bride

Re: Novat Shoes??

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Ziella had her shoes custom made at Novat. They aren't cheap but at least you know they'll be comfortable. Personally I haven't found APs to be more comfortable than other heels when I've tried them on.

kathya
blue eyed bride
blue eyed bride

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 pm

My mum got her shoes made for my wedding as her feet are very wide and has alot of trouble finding comfy shoes that actually fit especially as she retains alot of water there. She paid about $300 and went the whole day in them which is rare for her. So if your willing for fork out that much i'd say go for it. I like Anika didn't find AP shoes very comfortable and ended up buying some from a normal shoe shop that were half the price and no problem at all.

beautiful_exa
George's Missus
George's Missus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Novat can custom make, im planning on getting my shoes from them :)

autumnbride17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks girls. I think I'll definitely go and have a look there. Just went to the Alan Pinkus section at Myer at lunchtime and although I found one pair that were quite comfortable across my toes, the ankle strap was too short (I'm going with that theory rather than that my ankle is too thick! :lol: )!

Chanie

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:12 pm

I bought my wedding shoes from them about three weeks ago. i paid $280 for mine. I did not want to pay that much but they are very comfortable and exactly what I wanted and I will have them coloured after the wedding so that I can keep wearing them.

They do make alterations ie thicker heals etc for additional $$$.

divasew
Evry'body Dance Now
Evry'body Dance Now

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 pm

I had my shoes custom made for my wedding because I have the opposite problem..narrow feet. I got them made from a place in
Assembly drive Tullamarine. My mother who DOES HAVE wide feet also got hers made there. I paid $180 for mine..but it was well
worth it. He matches the leather colour you want. I had a pink gown, so my shoes were a beautiful pink leather. Mums were an
olive green/gold tone. You can PM me for the info if you like. :D

mlb976

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:06 pm

would you consider ordering from a couture wedding shoe website from the usa?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19