A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess
Topic Author

Who is or did go on your location shoot?

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:09 pm

I was constantly thinking it would just be me fh and the bridal party (and obviously photographers and drivers) but the other day my mum commented that they are coming with us on the location shoot, not to be in the photos but just to tag along and watch. I told fh and he didn't seem to keen on the idea, he was hoping it was just us like i thought but it turns out his folks want to come to. Who are you planning on have go to yours or who did you go to yours? Did you wish they didn't or do you wish others did come?

jazzie
♥ His Chook ♥
♥ His Chook ♥

Re: Who is or did go on your location shoot?

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Haven't had mine yet.. But at my FSIL wedding the other siblings of the bride and groom who weren't in the bridal party came along but no parents.

wishuponastar
Forever is a long time
Forever is a long time

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Just us and the bridal party, I have made that clear to my parents. I just don't think I could be comfortable having people tag along, even if there my parents.

nikeedee
Queen of the Desert
Queen of the Desert

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Just us and the bridal party too. I wouldnt have been comfortable at all with others around. I dont think our photographer would have liked it much either.

BrideLike
I survived and got married

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 pm

It was us, the bridal party (2) and the photographers. Everyone else went ahead to get drunk and party on down:)

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 pm

nikeedee wrote:
Just us and the bridal party too. I wouldnt have been comfortable at all with others around. I dont think our photographer would have liked it much either.

Definately nobody else came to ours. It would have been too hard and a little bit stressful to have others tag along "just to watch". It's not really necessary.

The Leader
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:37 pm

No reason they can't go as long as they go in their own car and give the bridal party plenty of food and drinks!

kathya
blue eyed bride
blue eyed bride

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 pm

We had parents, brothers, sisters and immediate aunts and uncles at first location shoot for family photo's. They were welcome to stay at that location with us after photo's were taken but when we left for second location they left and went for early drinks and my parents place.

jumy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi

It will just be DH & myself with our 2 attendants. I have told our parents this, they understand, we are having family shots just after the ceremony and then the 4 of us and the photographer will take our golf carts and bugger off for the shots on the course.

Anyway, its the parents responsbility to entertain the other guests while you are out having fun !!hehe :lol:

jaynage

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 pm

There was DH and I, our bridal party (5 BM & 5 GM) and our photographer. Our videographer tagged along too for some extra footage.

meag
I WILL wear my dress!
I WILL wear my dress!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 pm

We're planning to get family shots and pics with our BM / MOH at our venue. Our ceremony and reception is in one place, so everyone will stay behind because drinks and canapes will be served, and just FH and I will go and have a couple of location shots. There's no way my parents would invite themselves along when they don't need to be there for the location shots, but if they did I'd tell them no!!
:D

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:37 pm

We had all the group shots straight after the ceremony in the grounds of the venue with all our guests. During the photoshoot a lot of it was just dh & I. The entire bridal party came with us in the limo but were only party of 1 of the 2 location shoots. Non of our family asked to join us during the photoshoot. Ive never heard of family tagging along and dont see the point. They should be more interested in mingling with the guests and enjoying the cocktail hour while you spend a little bit of quality time with hubby. I think having any family there would be a huge distraction. Especially if they are taking photos too. Theres no point in them taking photos anyway. Even just having an aunty taking photos during our immediate family shots was a huge distraction. FIL would look at her instead of our photographer who was getting quite annoyed and it meant it took a lot longer to get the photos done.
I would politely tell your family that you want them to be enjoying the time with the rest of the guests instead of following you guys. Driving and parking could be a hassle if they are trying to follow you around too.

meljade
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:43 pm

we are having group shots at our ceremony location straight after the ceremony, then only us and the bridal party are coming to get the photos taken, mind you we are getting photos taken in the parklands where we are getting married so we will just be walking, to the different locations.

sams86
Lady DIY
Lady DIY

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 pm

IMO this is the small window of time to be alone (sort of) and relaxing a little before you get into the crowded reception waiting for you. My (or his) parents wouldnt want to be even thinking they are comin along with us for the loc. shoot. It will just be us, the 3 bm, 3gm and our two boys...so 10ppl.....wow 8O

mogle
~Urban Queen~
~Urban Queen~

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:47 pm

kristal wrote:
nikeedee wrote:

Definately nobody else came to ours. It would have been too hard and a little bit stressful to have others tag along "just to watch". It's not really necessary.

I agree. It was just DH and I, and the bridal party. No-one else needed to be there, and no-one asked to come.

samanthaz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I wouldn't. I think it would be too distracting.
I'd just tell them that you're having all the family shots at the ceremony location and your photographer prefers it just to be the couple and the bridal party to avoid distractions and keep things moving.

Uptownerd
*now with extra zing
*now with extra zing

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Just bridal party for us (me, FH, 2x BM and 2x GM). Too many people would be a headache for me... and I want to be able to enjoy a drink or five :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49