A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Where do you buy your clothes?

Department stores (K-Mart, Myer etc)
11 (23%)
Chain stores (Glassons, Sportsgirl, Supre etc)
12 (25%)
Boutiques
5 (10%)
Second-hand stores (Vinnies, E-bay etc)
6 (13%)
Online (new clothing only)
13 (27%)
Other
1 (2%)

Total votes: 48

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Topic Author

Re: Where do you buy your clothes?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

I like to buy good quality classic items that don't cost the earth, or au worth it if they do!

My chain store of choice is definitely review, a lot of my clothes are from there, I buy a few things from portmans, alannah hill and forever new. I have quite a girly chic style.

For things like tees and other basics I love country road and target.

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 pm

L.I.W wrote:
I like to buy good quality classic items that don't cost the earth, or au worth it if they do!

My chain store of choice is definitely review, a lot of my clothes are from there, I buy a few things from portmans, alannah hill and forever new. I have quite a girly chic style.

For things like tees and other basics I love country road and target.

I'm in love with review! Their dresses that flare out suit my body so well. I do buy a bit from target, valley girl, temt etc but I love myer. Tokito is a favourite brand - love myers sales!

I need to start shopping at higher quality places though, jeans from target just don't last.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I agree with you misspony, I hate clothes shopping so I buy a lot online too.
Ezibuy is a great website, there are some better quality labels than others but its fuss free shopping - which is what I love :heart:

I also love Forever New and Review but must admit I'm not a fan of Portmans as I find the quality of their clothes quite poor.

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Mostly target

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Topic Author

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 pm

I have bought a few things from ASOS.com as well - the quality is hit and miss, after a few bad experiences I won't buy anything of theirs with more than 30% polyester in them... Luckily the returns policy is good so back it goes!

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 pm

At the moment most of my clothes come from Temt and Valley Girl because I've been on teaching rounds and needed some dressy (cheap) clothes. I've bought a lot of the same things in different colours lately, haha

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 pm

When in Sydney I like DJs and Myer... If i do online shopping, its normally the victoria's secret store or Asos.

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Well... I feel like I'm a hodge-podge of a shopper! I hate going clothes shopping, no matter what FH thinks. Different size in every store! Sometimes I'll stop by Trade Secret or Crossroads and pick up one or two pieces. I very rarely go to Big W, Kmart or Target because I very rarely go clothes shopping! I like Valleygirl and Temt, but for some reason I always feel too fat... I avoid expensive stores as I just can't justify the cost. Yet I'm driving down to Brisbane tomorrow to buy expensive computer parts, go figure!

Ultimately I'm a jeans and shirt/jumper kind of girl, but if I had the figure and the $$ I would be a girly-girl. I have a few girly-girl pieces in my wardrobe for going out to special occasions. FH loves me wearing dresses, and he loves white. Hope he's not too saddened because my wedding dress is light gold! :P

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

Supre are great for singlet tops, I love the long ones and cheap tops for the gym.

I love Country Road, I have a couple of "essentials" from there but can't afford to shop there all the time, I have bought jeans there 30% off and they are great. Need a new pair though :(

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Topic Author

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

Gee thanks for introducing me to Dorothy Perkins - Mr LIW is going to LOVE that!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:18 pm

any and ll of the above :) I generally do ebay shopping when i am at work and on a lunch break i go for walks around collingwood where there are lots of boutiques and also factory outlets and on a weekend i might go to a mall where there are department stores and chains. i also go to savers sometimes :)

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm

I love Review when it's on sale, their dresses are so pretty and girly, but they tend to just live in my wardrobe. I like Diana Ferrari too. I love JAG for jeans, and Espirit for tops though the quality is sometimes hit and miss. I love Giordano for cheap tshirts and singlets... I buy the same cut in 5 colours and then rotate. For printed shirts, I love Threadless.com.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am

misteri82 wrote:
I love Review when it's on sale, their dresses are so pretty and girly, but they tend to just live in my wardrobe. I like Diana Ferrari too. I love JAG for jeans, and Espirit for tops though the quality is sometimes hit and miss. I love Giordano for cheap tshirts and singlets... I buy the same cut in 5 colours and then rotate. For printed shirts, I love Threadless.com.

I love Review too! And they seem to have really great sales (at Myer anyway), I have bought a couple of things on sale and they were almost 50% off! Great quality too

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:49 am

It depends what I'm after. I pretty much live in skinnys, which I get from Kmart and JayJays, and band tees & hoodies which I mostly get online etc.
Things like dresses I usually get from vinnies, ebay or department stores, depending on what's in season/style. Right now I'm buying most of them at department stores as I'm finding the 50's waistlines that suit me are in style, but I've got most of them second hand. :D

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Most of clothes are from Crossroads and Target. My jeans are all from Just Jeans and Jeanswest.
I'm not into spending lots of money on clothes, would rather spend it on other luxuries.

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 pm

I buy most of my clothes (except jeans) from ASOS now. i'm seriously addicted to that site and I can't remember when was the last time I went into an actual shop.

QueenofCups

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 am

I buy quality over quantity, but I'm not too concerned about the label. That being said, there are some labels I won't touch just on principal (mainly the younger, tight'n'bright s.k.a.n.k.y labels).

Usually my everyday clothes come from Portmans or Forever New, but my "good" clothes are a mix of Australian designer/Myer/DJs.

My clothes usually cost per piece more than my friends clothes, but I have less clothes than them, and get longer wear out of them. I would rather buy one $300 dress that is classic, well-made and will last a life time than buy six $50 dollar dresses (which are usually unflattering due to poor construction) which last only one season.

I have a very classic, feminine style and prefer tailored pieces which I can "trend up" with accessories.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 am

I need more clothes soon but have little patience with shopping these days. I get some things from Target, classic work wear from Portmans (can't stand their trendy fashion stuff), jeans from Just Jeans, the occasional quality going out dress from Review, and a random odd mix of sale items from Myer. Used to like Cotton On when they had decent priced basic T-shirts, but everything there seems to be loud animal prints and colours these days.

Used to buy on eBay too, but am a bit over that now, it's just too difficult to ensure a good fit.

persun

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:14 pm

I bought my wedding dress online. And then I find it's convenient to shopping online. The dresses online are cheap with nice quality.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09