A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Re: DIYing music - who controls it?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 am

I would ask a friend to do it, do you have a teenager relative or someone a little tech-savvy?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

My sister in law did ours.

We divided it up into three distinct playlists seperated by a big event (i.e. First dance marked the start of the third play list) so it was not too hard for her.

heartstringz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Rubywoo, we used a laptop with itunes dj for our wedding. We put it out of sight and hooked it up to the speakers from there so there was less chance of people changing the songs (no-one did). I asked a close friend to be in charge of it - I set it up in distinct playlists so it was really easy. For example, there was a playlist called 'First Dance' and it only had that one song in it.

MrsWoodsToBe

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Last edited by MrsWoodsToBe on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Our MC did it. I made a compehensive list of the timetable for the event, including when we were changing rooms, when speaches were on, when I needed her to announce things, when dances were etc. I included in that the music cues incl track numbers/info, and it went fine. the benefit of the list is that it could be handed to someone else if necesary.

The MC (my sister's friend) was in hysterics when I gave it to her - she thought it was overkill, but on the night said it was a godsend as she was nervous and the list just meant she didn't forget anything.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11