A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: Who organises the decorations?

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I have the same problem!
Our plan is to set up pretty much everything the day before. We'll even put out all the flowers etc. We're having family help do it on the friday, and so long as the flowers have water and it isnt too hot those two days everything should be fine. We'll have to do the outside ones on the deck the morning of - will ask my brother to do it? Yeah not sure :/ And who does the ceremony??? every diy wedding should come with a free set up fairy :/

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Basically the same to your situation though was my best friend's wedding in march this year - also in a marquee on her parent's farm. She helped arrange the tables and chairs under the marquee on the Friday in the arrangement she wanted, and then set up a trial table for her parents, brothers, uncles, aunts and cousins to see. They then set the rest up saturday morning under the direction of her mum and dad. They also had flowers on the tables, fairy lights every where, a bon fire, tea candles, etc etc. There were a few stressful phone calls from my friends mum the morning of the wedding, but it all worked out perfectly in the end! I must say that my friends mum did a LOT to make it all work. Oh, they also had her mum's friend doing the flowers, so the flower woman was helping set up too. So all in all i'd say they had about 10-15 family members who were camping on the farm helping the morning of :)

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:11 am

Coming from a florist I can tell you that almost all of our wedding arrangements and bouquets are done the day before. You should be fine to arrange your centrepieces the day beforehand. What are you having?
Are you hiring chairs or other equipment?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 am

To be perfectly honest I would just pay for someone to come in and do it. But that is my solution to all wedding problems - throw money at it to make it disappear. That said my approach worked!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 am

L.I.W wrote:
To be perfectly honest I would just pay for someone to come in and do it. But that is my solution to all wedding problems - throw money at it to make it disappear. That said my approach worked!

Love it! :lol:

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:02 pm

I am hiring everything myself (making my own centre pieces(non floral)) and the hire company is only charging my $50 to set up the ceremony (a whole of 12 chairs and a teepee thingy and signing table and chairs) and $100 to set up the reception for everything and to pack it all up etc. Its costing me their travel and 1 night's accomodation as well, but this is because the little beach town we are getting married in doesn't have a decoraton hire company there.

I plan just to give them a hand written drawing of how i want things set up and i'll leave the rest to them. They do it for a living. I was going to do it all myself the night before but for $150 total setup and pack up fee i figured it was worth it.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:56 am

I was planning on getting the staff at the venue to setup but have ended up getting the florist to do most of the setup.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 am

misspony wrote:
I'm not sure if we can just throw money at this to make it go away! We are having to throw money at a lot of other things as it is...

I need to find a florist and then talk to them I suppose :D

Thanks ladies :heart:

Yes, definitely chat to your florist, most I spoke to charged about $50 to set up the flowers at the venue but were flexible with what else they would do while they were there. As we aren't having tables there aren't centrepieces as such so my florist will be setting up little arrangements of vases with flowers in different areas. There is no way I could do this or would want to bother someone else with this so I am getting her to do it and she will set up all the candles etc while she is there also.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm

We have a decorating company for our decorations. Things like table cloths, centre decorations etc. They have been brilliant and every time I have an idea I email them and they are very accommodating.

BUT I am doing some little bits and pieces myself. I have made my own cork place cards and there are several other "personal touches" I am adding.
I am doing these myself as they are more arts and crafts projects. I will just bring those DIY decorations with me and set them up the day before.

But the big things I do not have to worry about.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36