A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Topic Author

Re: 6hr+ candles?

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:29 am

Candles are something you generally need to suck up and pay reasonable money for. The cheapies are just not going to go the distance. Trust me I tested a variety of candles in the lead up to. I used Dusk candles (tealight, large tealight and some pillar) for my ceremony and reception and I think they did okay!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:41 am

I bought some 9 hour tea light candles from one of the dollar shops - I paid $9 for 50 which seems really reasonable to me.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Topic Author

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 am

To be honest I cannot remember, I know that I supplied a bag of 50 and I seem to recall someone replacing them at some point late during the night (i.e. staff at the venue) but I did not really time them... This is the bag I got, it says 6 hours a candle, which would be consistent with them being replaced late in the night (our reception was fror...We had these maxi tealights in a number of vases and put them all out, I do remember seeing at least one still lit as we left.

This is how we had ours out, very simple.

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:19 am

I have bought 9hr tealights from cheap shops before. I have seen them in packs of 10 or in big bags. They are definitely around, will last the distance and are very cheap

west49th

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 am

Pinkfrosting.com.au have a pack of 50 tea lights for $9.99 which are supposed to last for 9 hours - http://www.pinkfrosting.com.au/shop/ite ... pack-of-50.

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm

If you're in a
misspony wrote:
the reception will be in a marquee, so essentially outside

If you're going to be in a marquee make sure the candles are enclosed so they are protected from the wind, candles will last about half as long in a breeze as they would in still air. Glasses also protect them (and the tablecloths) from the people who want to play with the candle wax if the candles are within easy reach (e.g. not in the centre of a large round table) somebody will play with them and get wax everywhere.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18