A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Chatting with guests

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Ok, I totally know that this is a stupid question, but given that I have been to about four weddings in my life, (one of which was a backyard wedding, one was in Malaysia and one was a shotgun wedding totally organised by the groom since the bride was too depressed that she was pregnant!) I was wondering when the bride and groom go around to each table and greet and thank the guests. I am assuming that it is after the main meal and the speeches? I was kinda thinking that it would be cool for the guests to either guess some questions about us and when we come to the table, we give the answers OR there are some questions that they can ask us about each other, and if we get it wrong we have to kiss or something? Prob I am over thinking, but it would be a great way to break the ice... I mean I love and know 99% of people at the wedding, but I know that I will be like "Thanks for coming, you look great ......". and then they would say "Congratulations" blah blah!!! I suppose that it will be different on the day I guess!

Any help would be great!!!!!

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Chatting with guests

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

most weddings I have been to they chat to the guests after the main meal, my son and his wife did a tag team thing, worked different sides of the room then swapped over.
personally I am not a fan of games at weddings, to me thats more birthday party type thing but again thats my personal choice and if its something you think your guest would be happy to get involved in then go for it :)

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 pm

We had a cocktail wedding and just moved around the room all night. We also had our photographer there for 3 hours of the reception so we were able to get group shots and photos with random groups while having a chat with them

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks ladies!!!

Luckily, the ceremony and reception will be held at the same place with around 75 guests, so not so big I guess. There will also be a cocktail hour whilst we are getting photos, so plenty of time for everyone to mingle and get settled. Yeah, it does sound like a birthday party, but I live in Japan and apparently here they have bingo at weddings!!! My friend won a PS3 at a wedding that he went to!!

I think that there will be plenty of time to chat, it was more of wondering if we had to sit down to eat, and look like we were ignoring everyone! I will prob end up swallowing my entree whole!!!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm

Ours was all over the place, we had time between each course (cause the caterers needed 5min to clear and bring the next lot out) so we got round to each table between courses. Our problem wasn't getting around to people but actually being at the bridal table when the meals where there :p

flowerpower82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:24 am

Bingo!!! Haha awesome :D

sachick90

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:35 am

Yeah we ere just going to every table between the meals, I did one side and he did the other then we swapped so we spoke to everyone at our wedding :-)

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 am

I hate icebreakers personally. For starters, you usually seat people who already know each other, and everyone certainly knows you!

I'd go around between courses, whenever you get the chance. I hada cocktail wedding which made this easier.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22