A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Brad's_Girl
Topic Author

Incorporating child's birthday in wedding

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi there,

We are getting married on our daughter's 2nd birthday and want to include things for her. We are having a lolly buffet, and I was wanting a jumping castle, but I'm not sure if that will work. If we end up indoors due to weather, well that's $500 down the drain. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do for her?

Thanks so much

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Incorporating child's birthday in wedding

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 pm

You could have her own special cake for her to blow out candles and have your guests sing happy birthday - around the time you cut your cake

If there are other small children going, you could set up a supervised area for them with party games or activities.

I think it's nice that you'll all be sharing a special date together :)

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Oohlalisha, that was exactly what I was going to suggest. Your daughter's cake could sit on your cake table, then after you have cut your cake
light her candles and sing "Happy Birthday". How special that would be.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 pm

oohlalisha wrote:
You could have her own special cake for her to blow out candles and have your guests sing happy birthday - around the time you cut your cake

What a great idea!

loulou06

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi

Our daughter is turning 1 the day before our wedding day so what we have decided to do is to include her in the wedding as a ring bearer and then have the celebrant tell the guests that it is her B'day and acknowledge that with everyone then we will present our daughter at the ceremony with her gift which is a gorgeous gold baby bracelet. We will put it on her and being so young she won't even understand what is happening anyway but we still want to acknowledge her day in front of our guests.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23