A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Kids entertainment

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 am

Let me just preface this by saying that I don't have kids or any nieces or nephews, I know nothing about kids!

For those of you that are providing kids with things to do during your reception... What things are you organising / providing and what age groups are the kids you're catering for?

We won't have that many kids, but the ones that will be coming are a range of ages, some 2-6 year olds and also some younger teens. We're not sure yet if we will seat them with their parents or have a kids table. I'm probably going to ask the parents what they'd prefer and go with that.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Kids entertainment

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 am

We're having about 20 kids at ours, 16 of them will be under 12, they range from 1 year - 17 years. I am having the little ones 2/3 & under at the table with their parents and the older ones up to 15 on a kids table, then I've got 3 nephews 16-18 that will be sitting with the adults. Most of these kids are my nieces & nephews, so I know they get along really well together & the older ones always look out for the younger ones, plus the parents of the younger ones on the kids table will be on the table right next to it, so they can keep an eye on them.

I am doing up a booklet for the ones up to 15 which has colouring in, cross words, join the dots, find a words - things like that. I will customise it to each child & their age - mainly colouring in & blank drawing pages for the littlies & crosswords ect & a few colouring ins for the older ones. Girly stuff for the girls, boy stuff for the boys. I will then put pens, pencils, crayons ect on the table for them. I'll get individual ones for the ones on the tables with their parents. Although a couple are only babies, so they won't need anything, but I might try to find a little toy or something for them so they have something. There is also a separate room at the function centre, right next to where the reception is, which we will be setting up with couches & beanbags, TV & DVD player, so the kids can go in there & when they get tired they can crash in there. Although, knowing my nieces & nephews they'll be out shaking it on the dance floor with the rest of us!!! :lol:

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff, you are so organised! I may steal some of your ideas once I know how many and what ages will be coming.

Are you giving the kids bomboniere? I was thinking of maybe doing lolly bags instead of the rock candy in a jar we are giving the adults.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm just going to have their booklets and a lollipop (those round, flat, swirly ones) as their favours, instead of what the adults are getting. I thought I lights put a little bowl of lollies in the middle of the table for them too.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 am

Ooh I like the idea of big lollipops! I could get red and white ones to match my theme :)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 am

Yep, that's what I'm doing, purple & white for the girls and teal & white for the boys :D

Brad's_Girl

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 am

We are having up to 20 kids and are having a reptile show and a magician for 4 hours. That will be in another area to reception. It's costing almost 1500 but it's also our daughters birthday so its really for her so I could justify the money. I probably would have just done little activities if it wasnt her birthday.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.5