A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Olive182
Topic Author

Seating Plan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am

Hi!

FH and I are in the process of trying to get our seating organised, and I'm not sure what to do - we want to mix his parents/grandparents with mine, but his mum had a massive fit last night about it because she wants to sit on a family table with just FH's family members...

I'm just wondering what people are doing/have done as far as their seating arrangements - did you mix it up and have your parents and the grooms parents sit together? Or did you have a table for his family and a table for your family? What was your experience with the seating plan you chose? Were people happy to mingle/be kept with their own family?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Seating Plan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 am

I am having them separate. My parents will be on a table with our priest & their close friends & his parents will be on a table with his family. My family is too big to have them all on one table, that's why I have put their friends on their table. If they could have all fitted on one table I would have done that. For the rest of my family & his extended family I have put them separately too. Mainly because, with my family being so big & spread out over the state, we don't get to see each other very often, so it's a chance for all of them to catch up. And in reality, our families aren't really going to be doing things together, they may as well be using the time to catch up with loved ones they don't get to see very often.

noomi

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:08 pm

If they could have all fitted on one table I would have done that. For the rest of my family & his extended family I have put them separately too. Mainly because, with my family being so big & spread out over the state, we don't get to see each other very often, so it's a chance for all of them to catch up. And in reality, our families aren't really going to be doing things together, they may as well be using the time to catch up with loved ones they don't get to see very often.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Well, lets put it in perspective - people from the opposite family don't really want to mingle- they're noone to each other.
Why would you not put families with each other where they will have a good time and be able to chat and enjoy the night, rather than them having to try and get to know complete strangers?
I'd hate to have to sit with the cousin's of my FSIL (who doesn't yet exist, but I'm sure will one day)... I'd have to go through all that awkward conversation and so on.

We're definately keeping the families sitting with families, the only people who might get mixed will be friends who don't know each other, but there will be at least half a table of people they do know.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21