A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Topic Author

Re: Table sizes/shapes - what works best?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Personally - I love the idea of one long table. Its inclusive and if I was on one long table it would feel like a relaxed and intimate occasion.

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:41 am

Hmm hard decision.
Long tables are relaxed and look lovely, however people's conversations are limited to fewer people. Agree with Lawwa, round tables allow for people to be a bit more social and talk to more guests.
We had long tables of 10-14 guests and an advantage of them is that you can lengthen/shorten them at the last minute, which is what we did as there were a few people who did not show at the last minute, and the decorations and centerpieces still looked good, we didn't notice the tables were all different lengths. Whereas with round tables it might be more challenging to accommodate varying numbers of people. Hope that made sense, not sure if it did 8O

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:20 pm

I like small 8-10 circle tables. It invites the conversation out as everyone can see everyone. It helps if you have people on a table that may not know each other.

cholito

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am

ooooh i LOVE the look and feel of backyard weddings! Congrats!
hmm I agree that round tables are probably opening people up to larger groups for discussion
BUT
we had two long tables at our reception and the photographer we had specifically came up to us and said, "I've never seen so many people talking at a wedding!" but we made a proper effort to instigate conversation amongst people through activities etc.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2