A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nld123
Topic Author

Catering- private property

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi ladies,

I am getting married in 4 weeks ( a last minute decision!) We are having the wedding at a friends property and to same money on catering we are going to organise all the food ourselves and then would like hire someone to cook/prepare it on the night and then wait staff to serve it.

Is anyone aware of a business that does this ? I would be looking at one chef/cook and 2 - 3 wait staff and then someone to man the bar for the evening. I am having trouble finding somewhere and i am sure i have heard of this being done before! I am in the Brisbane area and any help would be much appreciated!
thanks!
Tash

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Catering- private property

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Ask around your local sporting clubs and community groups and school/preschool committees.

We are having a spit roast/salads in my parent's backyard and have got the local Tennis club on board to heat the entrees, keep an eye on the spit, put all the food out and wash up afterwards. Our local football club catered for our Fire Brigade's formal 150th anniversary dinner and that was a sit down affair. We went with the tennis club because they put a call out for fundraising to re-surface the courts (and my butcher and his wife are really good cooks!)

Best of all, you just negotiate a donation amount and it can workout really cost effective!

PS - Congrats on getting engaged!

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 pm

What about contacting your local TAFE and seeing if any hospitality students might be interested?

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 pm

We used http://www.allsuburbs.com.au/ for the catering of our hot food at our engagement party. It made it heaps less stressful to have the hot finger food delivered. I know they also do wait staff and more formal meals rather than just finger foods.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.42