A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Critique my reception schedule please! Need to send today!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 am

Here's my schedule for our reception. I have to send this off tonight so please give me your opinions! I want the photobooth pics to be taken by our photographer, who we have booked until the bridal waltz... which is why I've put them in between courses. I'm not sure if we should do half before entrees and the other half between entrees and mains, or maybe it's better to do these after dessert and just get someone else to take them? I think that after the meal, people will get up and it will be harder to get everyone together, but I want them to take their own photos with the photobooth and after dinner would be the best time for this. I estimated 5 minutes per table, which I think is pretty generous, and we have 9 tables.

6:00 PM Reception opens
6:30 PM B&G arrive at reception
6:35 PM Cake cutting
6:40 PM Entree served (30 mins)
7:00 - 7:20 PM Photo booth photos with tables (5 min per table) Tables 1-4
7:15 PM Main course served (45 mins)
7:30 - 7:45 PM Speeches (Mum, FMIL, B&G)
7:50 PM - 8:10 PM Photo booth photos with tables (5 min per table) Tables 5-9
8:15 PM Dessert served (30 mins)
8:30 PM First dance
11:45 PM B&G leave reception, and call for last drinks
12:00 AM Reception ends
Last edited by misteri82 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: Critique my reception schedule please!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am

There is no way you will be able to spend just 5 minutes with each table with the photobooth IMHO! People will want to stop and chat and you probably will too :)

From my experience you need someone with your timeline handy to keep you on track as well as you will get distracted!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: Critique my reception schedule please!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 am

Yeah I also noticed in my schedule that I don't have any time for when we go around the room and chat to people. That's something that we should probably do while everyone is still seated, so we can be sure to get to everyone.

Do you think we should do the mingling between courses, then after dessert have the first dance, and then do the photobooth photos? I really wanted to run this by our photographer, but he's in the States atm :(

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: Critique my reception schedule please! Need to send today!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm

I think the second suggestion of mingling between courses and then the photobooth is more workable :)

RitaJane

Re: Critique my reception schedule please! Need to send today!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:58 pm

i would move the cake cutting to just before the dessert is served. Really like that it goes till late though. You'll have a wonderful time. All the best and congratulations xox
GZIP: On | Load: 0.17