A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Wak2013
Topic Author

Venue Check - Mean Fiddler, NSW

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I visited The Mean Fiddler in Rouse Hill today to have a look with a view to holding our ceremony and reception there in October 2013.

I was impressed by the venue however for the life of me I can't find anywhere that has a review or that shows an actual wedding taking place in the room that I am looking at (The Greenway Room). Normally if you google a function centre you find photos from the official photographers or from the general public or at least a review from a forum, but I can't find anything.

Has anyone here had any experience with a ceremony and/or wedding there?

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Wak2013
Topic Author

Re: Venue Check - Mean Fiddler, NSW

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks for those links. Ive seen the first two but they are from the venue so are biased....however the eatability one I hadn't seen....thanks :)

We are looking at a Saturday event from 11.30 - 4.30 so we miss the riff-raff and the room we have chosen is the one at the very back away from the bublic bar. Im going to stalk the place this Saturday to see how busy it gets :)

Thanks again :)

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Huh. didn't even know the fiddler was doing weddings these days.

Is the Greenway Room the renovated Woolshed?

As an alternative, have you looked at Tebbut's Observatory in Windsor? its lovely.

Wak2013
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Well The Fiddler is a no-go.

The Greenway Room is the one right out the back and the room istelf is lovely but it looks over the carpark which is littered with industrial bins, old pallets and shipping containers. Such a shame :(

I looked at Settlers at Mulgoa today. Its quite nice, a little 'musty' but some scented candles will fix that up.

Also going to look at the golf course at Coleebee this week.

Wak2013
Topic Author

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks misspony :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13