A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kinsells99
Topic Author

Sydney Venues without a real time limit

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey - Does anyone know of or have any ideas for reception venues in Sydney that do not have a time limit?

My fiancee does not like the idea of everyone having to pack up and leave at 11:30; he feels that people should have the choice to leave when they want to.

He would even be happy for a 1am curfew...

We have been looking for 2 months now and have not found anywhere.

Thanks.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: Sydney Venues without a real time limit

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 pm

kinsells99 wrote:
Hey - Does anyone know of or have any ideas for reception venues in Sydney that do not have a time limit?

My fiancee does not like the idea of everyone having to pack up and leave at 11:30; he feels that people should have the choice to leave when they want to.

He would even be happy for a 1am curfew...

We have been looking for 2 months now and have not found anywhere.

Thanks.

So long as you are willing to pay them extra in wages to stay open some places might be open to the idea. A real open ended policy might be harder to find though as staff and employers need certainty for rosters etc

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm

My manager booked **** Hall for her wedding. Her actual reception itself finishes at midnight but there is a cellar downstairs where guests can go for the afterparty. I think she said the afterparty will finish at about 1.30 in the morning. So it might be worthwhile checking it out.

Most venues don't offer open ended timing due to liquor licensing, the only other alternative I can think of is to go somewhere like the Ivy where you can go to the one of the clubs for a party after your reception finishes if that's what you have in mind.

Vincent
Photographer
Photographer

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Have a look at some local "Clubs"

I was once there to 1am for a Croatian Wedding at a club.

Cheers
Vincent
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21