A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Ordering from House of Brides

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:39 pm

I have found my BM's alfred angelo dress on House of Brides for under half the price the bridal store here wants for it. I have tried to email them to see if it would be possible for them to arrive in Australia before my wedding if I was to order from them, but haven't recieved a reply to my email. Should I try call them on their international number? Has anyone ordered through House of Brides and can indicate shipping times? The bridal store is saying "order now for December weddings" :?

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi Dan
I got my dresses from there. it took 10 weeks for them to arrive- i paid extra to get the order rushed, so i got very impatient after 8 weeks and emailed them every few days to see what was going on- it eventually paid off :) I also put on my order that my wedding is july, not september, to doubly make sure they arrived well before to allow for alterations etc.

the quality of dresses is great and im very happy with them. i got the mori lee style 791- and its so much cheaper to buy them online than through the bridal stores!

my only complaint is their lack of communication.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:39 pm

ps- i ordered them in may for my september wedding, and got them just this week- so you should be fine in ordering them for yours

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Thank you so much leena! Yep, the communication worried me, but I'm thinking it might be worth the risk, 10 weeks will be fine. Hmm, might go ahead and place my order then. Fingers crossed!! :lol:

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 pm

I ordered my daughters flower girl dress through HOB and I think from memory it took about 12 weeks to arrive. I can't fault them other than YES they are a bit slow when it comes to communication.
I would suggest though that you push the order through as 'rush production' just to be sure :D

I just found this in their FAQ to help you out a little more :D

Standard Shipping
Standard international delivery from our location to your international shipping address is approximately 7 – 14 business days. This time frame may vary according to the carrier’s schedule.

The time frame does not reflect the production time of your order. Standard delivery from our designers to House of Brides is approximately 10 – 16 weeks. Most designers offer a Rush production with approximate delivery of 4 – 8 weeks. Please see “When Will I Receive This Product” as displayed with each product to view a designer’s production time frames. The time frames vary between designers.

http://www.houseofbrides.com/t-internationalsorder.aspx

goodluck, their pictures x their outfits dont do them justice :P

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks Sapphire!! The extra feedback helps. Definately planning on getting the express shipping, it still works out to under under half the price of the bridal store!

klea

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks to Dandelions recommendation :wink: I have found some great Alfred Angelo maternity bridemaid dresses on House of Brides but my wedding is in November 8O and I'm not sure even with a rush order I will receive them in time if I order them now??! What do you girls think? Are the international postage rates reasonable?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Klea, I ordered my dresses from them about 2 weeks ago, and just recieved an email saying that AA had recieved the order and they would be at House of Brides by early October, to arrive in Australia by the end of Oct for my December wedding. I paid for rush cut and express shipping.

My suggestion would be to phone their international orders number to ask them in person, they weren't the best at email communication :? But even with shipping costs and rush cut costs I still saved $120 per dress versus what the bridal store was asking. But I am in WA and everything is more expensive here!! :lol:

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 am

I just received my MOTB outfit and it is so beautiful...its a 'Saison Blanche Couture' Dress and its stunning....mum and i ordered it in March and just received it today so 5 months....but that was regular...i highly recommend them as they are a huge bridal company with multiple stores...so they actually have a shop front and the prices are great :D

utopian_goddess

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi all, just wondering if you had pictures of you in these HOB dresses? I really want to order through them as they are soooo much cheaper but im a little scepticle...

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Utopian, the dresses they deal with are the genuine designer items - not China copies. The dresses will look the same colour and cut as the dresses you see at the bridal store.

emfive
In ♥ with Miss Lily
In ♥ with Miss Lily

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Dandelion wrote:
Utopian, the dresses they deal with are the genuine designer items - not China copies. The dresses will look the same colour and cut as the dresses you see at the bridal store.

As Dande has mentioned they are not copies. Here are my BM dresses that are Mori Lee but I purchased them on House of Brides.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Ah, I love your BM dresses Emfive, so beautiful!! :heart:

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks for the info about House of Brides. I'd never heard of them, but they have a fantastic range and some great savings for BM dresses. I think I'll definitely be going through them :)

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Don't leave it too long then Neptune - I ordered mine a month ago and still had to pay the extra 'rush cuts' fee to get them here in time. They'll be here by November for my December wedding.

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks for the heads up Dandy :) Will have to get onto my BMs ASAP

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Dandelion wrote:
Ah, I love your BM dresses Emfive, so beautiful!! :heart:

:tick: Agree!! :heart: :heart:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

In case anyone stumbles across this in the future, I thought I'd post the outcome of my House of Brides order.
I placed my order in August, paid a small amount extra for 'express cut' and was originally estimated at an early November delivery, which I was happy with.
Much to my pleasant surprise, they were shipped at the end of Sept and arrived early October, well packaged and exactly what I had ordered. :heart:

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 am

here are my BMs in their dresses i got from HOB- they are a Mori Lee dress
I loved them- they looked fantastic and fit the girls perfectly- none of them had to get alterations which was great

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:15 am

Your BM dresses were stunning Leena, I love that red colour!! :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06