A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

 
leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks Dan :)
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Dandelion wrote:
In case anyone stumbles across this in the future, I thought I'd post the outcome of my House of Brides order.
I placed my order in August, paid a small amount extra for 'express cut' and was originally estimated at an early November delivery, which I was happy with.
Much to my pleasant surprise, they were shipped at the end of Sept and arrived early October, well packaged and exactly what I had ordered. :heart:


Thanks for ther update, I like it when people give feedback on their experience!

I've never heard of HOB, so once again WC comes to the rescue for my wedding plans! :)
 
kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:31 pm

leena wrote:
here are my BMs in their dresses i got from HOB- they are a Mori Lee dress
I loved them- they looked fantastic and fit the girls perfectly- none of them had to get alterations which was great


Hey Leena, did your BMs just measure themselves using their guide?
 
leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 pm

kaitos811 wrote:
leena wrote:
here are my BMs in their dresses i got from HOB- they are a Mori Lee dress
I loved them- they looked fantastic and fit the girls perfectly- none of them had to get alterations which was great


Hey Leena, did your BMs just measure themselves using their guide?


They just gave me their bust, hip and waist measurements and I worked it out. it was a little tricky cos none of them matched the size guide. so i think i went the size that was closest to their measurements. so i was a little worried that they wouldnt fit, but they turned out perfect.
 
shellfisch
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:21 pm

I wondered whether any brides out there have any updated information on House Of Brides?

All reviews good or bad welcome :)

My daughter is looking at ordering from them - her wedding is in April 2012.
 
User avatar
L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Posts: 7229
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 pm

I will also probably order from them so definitely interested in any other experiences...
 
darwinchic
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:08 am

Hi!
I took the plunge and ordered my BM dresses from here - ordered in early Feb and paid extra for the rush cut/delivery - was told it will take 5=7 weeks - my wedding is in June so hopefully it will all get here in time! Come the start of april it will be 7 weeks - if nothing has arrived I will start chasing them up - will update and let you all know how they went!

FYI I ordered the Mori Lee style 831 in the affairs range - they were about half the price compared to what I was going to have to pay here in Australia. Worth a risk??!!
 
darwinchic
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi all,
I just thought I would post an update. My BM dress's arrived this week - so about 7 weeks since I ordered them. They were covered in plastic and were not damaged. The are the right sizes and colours and have not gotten too crushed in the trip over from America. And the most important thing is that they are the real deal! Labels and all so I am happy!! Will post pics on my S&T later this weekend if I get a chance. So if I had plenty of time I would certainly reccommend them to order your wedding gown off if they stock it and also your BM's - just get yourself measured up and try on the dresses here and order away!! Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time so you aren't in a panic when they take a long time to arrive!!
 
User avatar
L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here
Posts: 7229
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:59 pm

darwinchic wrote:
Hi all,
I just thought I would post an update. My BM dress's arrived this week - so about 7 weeks since I ordered them. They were covered in plastic and were not damaged. The are the right sizes and colours and have not gotten too crushed in the trip over from America. And the most important thing is that they are the real deal! Labels and all so I am happy!! Will post pics on my S&T later this weekend if I get a chance. So if I had plenty of time I would certainly reccommend them to order your wedding gown off if they stock it and also your BM's - just get yourself measured up and try on the dresses here and order away!! Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time so you aren't in a panic when they take a long time to arrive!!


Excellent! Thanks for the follow up post.
 
amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Posts: 3384
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:21 pm

I also ordered my BM's dresses from HOB. We received the dresses last week, and they are great - no doubt about authenticity.

However, my experience wasn't the greatest.

I emailed Debbie back and forth a few times with various questions
about price/rush order costs etc as the allure BM dress we ordered required you to
contact them for price, it wasn't possible to order straight from the site. I emailed her the order form mid December, and she said she had to get back to me with a final cost including postage. I didn't hear back, and emailed a couple of times but still didn't get a reply. I thought it may be something to do with christmas, so waited until the beginning
of January. Still didn't hear back, so rang - they had no idea about my order! I reordered and was told it would take 6 weeks for rush cut.

I contacted them again at about 7 weeks, still no dress, and noone seemed
to get back to me! I eventually got an email mid march saying the dresses had just been released to them (I'm kind of thinking that they would still be there if I'd never questioned the whereabouts.)

I asked why it took so long and requested a refund on my rush order fee as it clearly took a lot longer - apparently they don't refund on these fees. There was no apology or explanation or anything!
 
User avatar
mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:53 am

hello,

quick question from a amateur.... i have found a few bm and wedding dresses that i like... are they actual authentic dresses with certificates?? Has anyone called up for bridal gown prices and are they alot cheaper then in Aus??

thanks ladies x
 
amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Posts: 3384
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 am

mummabride wrote:
hello,

quick question from a amateur.... i have found a few bm and wedding dresses that i like... are they actual authentic dresses with certificates?? Has anyone called up for bridal gown prices and are they alot cheaper then in Aus??

thanks ladies x


if you check out the rest of this thread, most people have confirmed authenticity...and sad that the dresses are cheaper. With the $ at the moment, the dresses will be even better value.
 
Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author
Posts: 9683
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 pm

amberino21 wrote:
mummabride wrote:
hello,

quick question from a amateur.... i have found a few bm and wedding dresses that i like... are they actual authentic dresses with certificates?? Has anyone called up for bridal gown prices and are they alot cheaper then in Aus??

thanks ladies x


if you check out the rest of this thread, most people have confirmed authenticity...and sad that the dresses are cheaper. With the $ at the moment, the dresses will be even better value.


Yes, Amber has it in a nutshell. They are genuine authentic dresses, and while I didn't order a bridal gown from them, my bridesmaids gowns were much cheaper, even including postage I still saved $150 per dress.
 
cmr1987
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 am

I have recently ordered my wedding dress from house of brides and with shipping it is 1/3 of the price that I would have paid in a bridal shop in Australia and the exchange rate is fantastic at the moment. I have to agree with everyone else comments that their email communication isnt the best and if your recieve an email from them keep that email so you can reply directly to the person you have been dealing with instead of using there website.
I ordered my mori lee dress 2520 online in there immediate delivery section (that says shipping within 7 business days) it has now been 14 business days (mon-fri) and my dress has still not been shipped. I emailed HOB afew times and finally got a response after the 3rd email saying that it will be posted sometime this week. So fingers crossed that I get the shipping confirmation email this week and that is doesnt take too long with express post.
I will keep you all posted on the progress and upload some pictures when it arrives (hopefully :? )
 
User avatar
mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks ladies, I know it had been confirmed in previous posts of the authenticity, but it is still so daunting spending soooo much money online that you really want to check, check, and check again!! lol! As for the price,
cmr1987 wrote:
I have recently ordered my wedding dress from house of brides and with shipping it is 1/3 of the price that I would have paid in a bridal shop in Australia
this is a great reply, and exactly what i was wondering!

I was originally going to find a gown and buy of bridalgown.net, but that meant that i would have to choose a gown from a certain group of designers, thanks to you lovely ladies on wc i can now shop around a bit more with the option to still purchase cheaper offline.
 
cmr1987
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 pm

I recieved a reply email yesterday (after sending them 3-4 emails) saying that my dress would be dispatched today and appolagised for the delay in shipment. So for a dress that was meant to be shipped within 7 business days of the order it was actually sent 16 business days after the order. Its disappointing but I did recieve the shipping confirmation email today with tracking details so now I actually know what is going on. I got it sent express so hopefully it wont take too long to get to Australia, through customs and then delivered. :D
 
User avatar
Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Thats greaat cmr1987..let us know when it gets here, and a comment (or pic) on the quality..we are all dying to know!
 
Shoegal
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 am

cmr1987 wrote:
I recieved a reply email yesterday (after sending them 3-4 emails) saying that my dress would be dispatched today and appolagised for the delay in shipment. So for a dress that was meant to be shipped within 7 business days of the order it was actually sent 16 business days after the order. Its disappointing but I did recieve the shipping confirmation email today with tracking details so now I actually know what is going on. I got it sent express so hopefully it wont take too long to get to Australia, through customs and then delivered. :D


Yes please keep us updated!
I have paid and waiting on three bridesmaid dresses to be sent to me... well not really directly to me as the designer Bari Jay doesnt send them to Australia I am getting them sent to my Mother in law (to be) in Ireland and then she will be posting them on... Well fingers crossed they arrive in time...
 
cmr1987
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Well I have been regularly checking the tracking information and just found out that the tracking number also works on the Australia Post tracking website and is more accurate and up dated more frequently. It took 2-3 days for the dress to get released from customs, then another 2-3 days for the item to be sent to Townsville. So when I checked the tracking today it said the dress has been delivered to the local post office distributation center, so fingers crossed it gets delivered tomorrow. I am work so hopefully FH will be at home to sign for it and not look at it. If it arrives tomorrow I will take photos after work and post them for you all.
 
Heifer
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Im so confused now LOL I found the dress I like for my BMs for less than 1/2 Perth prices at HOB, but a friend warned me that there were many negative reviews etc. Now I see everyone on here having success with them! We have 13months till our wedding so plenty of time for slow orders, and with 4 BMs its likely to save up to $800! :?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.5