A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Re: Ordering from House of Brides

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Aside from the lack of communication from them, I'd happily order from House of Brides again Heifer, if you want the genuine items, you can't beat their prices. I know another girl from the WA horse community who recently got her BM dresses from HoB without issues too.

Heifer

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

yep :D

How about TJ Formal? They have same dress for same price....
How did you go with customs? 4 dresses = $800 value.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:21 am

I've never heard of TJ formal sorry!

Customs was no problem. Import tax is set at $1000 I believe, and they don't count the shipping fee, only the cost of the actual goods.

Heifer

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Awesome thanks :)
Seems that most of the negative reviews stem from people wanting dresses in a hurry and not getting them soon enough?

cmr1987

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi everyone.
so sorry for my slow reply, my dress did arrive last tuesday, but have been so busy with work and going away for easter I didnt have time to post.
I will attach afew photos of my dress. Overall I am very happy with the quality of the dress (there were afew minor things like alittle dirty on the lace up back and a couple of the beading strands were loose, but I did order an in stock dress, which they may use for display and trying on etc, so I did expect it).
Customs was fine, the tax thing is set at $1000 so as long as your order is below that you do not have to pay customs but you can always call (customs australia) and check with them how much it would be if your order is over $1000 and figure out if it is cheaper to pay the customs tax or split the order and pay 2 lots of delivery :)
Overall i am happy with my experience from house of brides and I would order from them again!!
The dress needs to be taken up and I didnt have it tied properly at the back so please excuse the photos and they were taken on a phone.

dress 1.jpg

dress 2.jpg

Heifer

Wed May 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Looks beautiful :) I think ill order b/maid dresses from there :D

Dont order from Store of Dress - material was crap and a button fell off when my friend tried hers on... She's going to plan B now

Donna11

Wed May 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Ladies

After reading mostly positive reviews, I ordered my BM dresses from House of Brides. They are Alexia Designs. They were $340 in store and $170 on line (including postage). Total bargain!

I just received an email today saying they have been shipped! Yay! It has been 11 weeks since I ordered so the timing is as expected.

I'll post an update once they arrive.

cmr1987

Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Donna11 wrote:
Hi Ladies

After reading mostly positive reviews, I ordered my BM dresses from House of Brides. They are Alexia Designs. They were $340 in store and $170 on line (including postage). Total bargain!

I just received an email today saying they have been shipped! Yay! It has been 11 weeks since I ordered so the timing is as expected.

I'll post an update once they arrive.

I kept an eye on the tracking the whole time it was in the post, make sure you use the australia post website (the tracking number you were given will work), they update the status more frequently and you know the day they plan on delivering once it has reached your nearest post office, you can see if you missed the delivery and where to pick it up from too. Really handy especially if you start to get anxious like me with it sitting in customs for 3-4 days.

Donna11

Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Woohoo!!! Got home to a very large parcel from HOB today! My BM dresses! They are just what I ordered and they are gorgeous! :D

They took just over 13 weeks in total. I never bothered to contact HOB based on reviews that they don't reply very promptly - I just decided to let them do their thing and wait out the time frame specified (which was up to 18 weeks).

I could not be happier! 10/10!

Heifer

Wed May 25, 2011 2:31 pm

That's awesome!
My MOH is ordering her b/maid dresses trhough TJformal. We tried them on in teh shop and fell in love with them, ordering them through TJ will be about $550 for 3 dresses!!! We have 12months till the wedding so plenty of time...

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

so how long does it take for the dresses to arrive? Sorry to ask a stupid question lol

Donna11

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Mine took 13 weeks.
Not bad since their terms said 12 to 18 weeks for that designer.

cmr1987

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:07 pm

I ordered a dress that they had in stock and they posted it within two weeks and arrived one week later so a total of 3 weeks :D

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Does anyone know if customs charges anything??

My dresses will come a total of $616 which includes HOB shipping costs.

Can I expect anymore charges on top of that? The dresses in store would come to around $1000. So if there is large customs charge, I may be better off just buying in store?

Thoughts?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:19 pm

There are no customs charges for items worth less than $1,000.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 am

I have 6 months to go until the wedding.

The estimated time of arrival for normal shipping is 3 months to get to house of brides plus an extra 4 weeks to get to Sydney - total 4 months.

Do you suggest I just go with normal shipping? Or would you not risk it and order it with rush shipping? We do not need the dresses for 5 months really - that gives a full month if they need alterations.

Also, did you order over the phone or did you order it online? For long gowns, did you have to state the hollow to floor length? If so, where did you put this for online ordering? I want to make sure the length is perfect, but cannot see where to put that measurement? Perhaps it is easier to order it over the phone?

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 pm

MrsW you don't generally order custom lengths with genuine gowns. If you have a very tall BM you can normally request extra length, but often there is a fee involved.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 10:06 am

Ahhh ok thanks for that. That is what I thought.....but then I was reading the form and it said to put the hollow to hem measurement on the ordering form....so then I got confused.

So, if all my girls are under 5"8 with shoes on...they will get whatever length is standard for that dress? Meaning...they may still need alterations if its too long?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 04, 2012 12:12 pm

To anyone following this thread and looking for feedback on HOB I should have some for you as I have just ordered 3 bridesmaid dresses from HOB! Crikey! I don't know why I am so nervous.

I ordered mine over the phone....the lady was very helpful and read back my order numerous times to ensure she had all the correct details.
I ordered rush cut & rush/express shipping and still saved $150 per dress! Incredible! We should have the dresses in 3 months (beginning of August) so I will post my feedback then!

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes it's normal to have the hem length altered after you receive the dresses.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09