A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

felmingham
Topic Author

Blue wedding dress what other colours?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi all I am getting married in Bali next March and am leaning towards having a blue wedding dress. Like a sky blue or something a little brighter bit not a navy or dark blue.

I am having one bridesmaid and my two brothers as my honor attendants. My partner and my brothers are going to wear grey suits (and maybe black shirts).

Anyway my issues is what colour to have my bridesmaid wearing and also what colour theme?

I originally wanted lemon and lime theme but think with blue, grey and white (or black shirts) would be too much to then have lemon and lime.

Any suggestions? Hope I have listed in right section. Thanks

divasew
Evry'body Dance Now
Evry'body Dance Now

Re: Blue wedding dress what other colours?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:13 am

I would probably look at a beautiful silver for the bridesmaid. But if you like the citrusy colour tones, a pretty soft lemon could also look
lovely, but not a bright yellow. :D

felmingham
Topic Author

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Ok so I found the material for my dress yesterday.

It isn't a light blue after all.

I have tried to attach a picture. It is quite a bright / electric / aquamarine blue.

My partner is really keen to have a lime green hint in the theme.

Do you think the blue / lime green / silver (or grey) theme would be ok?

Thinking bridesmaid to either wear a white dress or a grey / silver dress.

Groom and groomsmen are back to wearing white shirts

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:37 pm

why blue wedding dress??? u are not going to stand out, u are going to clash with the blue sky, if u want a colored wedding dress and be different go with pink to light purple color as it match the blue sky... something like this dress it got light pink/purple colours......

as for the bridesmaids if u want a blue wedding dress then silver... or u can just follow a color wheel...

felmingham
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Guess could say why wear white could clash with the clouds on a cloudy day.

Brides used to wear many different colours before white came into fashion with Queen Victoria so I don't think it is too odd.

I am not going to change colour of the dress so just wanted thoughts on what matched. Thanks for your input on the colour wheel will look into that.

My fiance is quite happy for me to wear non white as well.

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I love the idea of the blue dress! I would go with silver bridesmaid dresses with lime green flowers! Or a lime sash!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:56 am

That blue is gorgeous! I think it will look beautiful! As long as it is what you want and you & FH are happy with it - I saw go for it. I agree with the other ladies, I think a silver BM will look beautiful with it. And as the others have said maybe a lime sash and/or bouquet ... here's a little bit of lime green inspiration...

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:54 pm

felmingham wrote:

Brides used to wear many different colours before white came into fashion with Queen Victoria so I don't think it is too odd.

I am not going to change colour of the dress so just wanted thoughts on what matched. Thanks for your input on the colour wheel will look into that.

My fiance is quite happy for me to wear non white as well.

omg im sorry i didnt mean to be rude or upset u this is just my opinion and like i said if u love the blue then have silver for ur bridesmaids dresses cause it will match or use the colour wheel and go with an orange colour but more to the red then orange colour that would match the blue dress and the line and lemon colour
im sorry again i didnt mean to upset u and make u change ur ideas and vision on how ur day should look like.... it was just my opinion and i always follow the colour wheel or i just ask my photographer as he knows alot about colours..... i hope u forgive me :)

felmingham
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks everybody for comments.

Sandra don't worry you did not upset me at all. I am very hard to upset. Maybe my response didn't come across well in writing. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and I know some of my friends had heard that I might wear a white dress and blue shoes and had already commented how they didn't like that but oh well I don't plan on trying to please my friends. As you said do what I feel comfortable doing.

I actually went and tried on Vera Wang dresses last night and am in love! So I am thinking maybe have my blue dress for ceremony then change to different dress for reception and dancing. Just at thought at this stage. As you can tell I am not the standard bride and always like to do different things.

I am loving the input and think I have decided to def go the silver and lime / light green!! Really appreciate all the comments! Will def post pics of dress when it gets made.

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

felmingham wrote:

Haha! Love it!! :e_clap: :e_clap:
Go with what you want babe! As long as you are happy :mrgreen:

felmingham
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks Lantabrida

Just noticed you are getting married in Ko Lanta!! Lucky you. I Love Ko Lanta.

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

felmingham wrote:
Thanks Lantabrida

Just noticed you are getting married in Ko Lanta!! Lucky you. I Love Ko Lanta.

Oh really? Not many people have even heard of it! Is so beautiful and has great memories as it is where he proposed too!

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:14 pm

silver bridesmaids will look great against that colour blue :)

felmingham
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Yen I went there a few years ago. Loved how it so quiet. I had the best ever Pad Thai at one of the restaurants over the river (on stilts near the ferry)

I would love to go back! How many people going?

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:53 pm

felmingham wrote:
Yen I went there a few years ago. Loved how it so quiet. I had the best ever Pad Thai at one of the restaurants over the river (on stilts near the ferry)

I would love to go back! How many people going?

Mmmm Pad Thai is my fave!
We will have between 4 and 11 guests plus us at Pimalai which is in the south of the island

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

felmingham wrote:
Thanks everybody for comments.

Sandra don't worry you did not upset me at all. I am very hard to upset. Maybe my response didn't come across well in writing. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and I know some of my friends had heard that I might wear a white dress and blue shoes and had already commented how they didn't like that but oh well I don't plan on trying to please my friends. As you said do what I feel comfortable doing.

I actually went and tried on Vera Wang dresses last night and am in love! So I am thinking maybe have my blue dress for ceremony then change to different dress for reception and dancing. Just at thought at this stage. As you can tell I am not the standard bride and always like to do different things.

I am loving the input and think I have decided to def go the silver and lime / light green!! Really appreciate all the comments! Will def post pics of dress when it gets made.

oh thats good to hear that, as a lot of ppl i know have been upset with me (no one from here :D )

i love different weddings, thats what makes it for u.. its ur day... ppl will never be happy no matter what so why not do what u want and what u like... but u have u put a pic up as i want to see the dressed :D

felmingham
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Will def put up pics

I know you can never make everybody happy. I would prefer they didn't like my dress but loved the food and music.

Got a quote to make dress today so hoepfully will get it all sorted soon!

felmingham
Topic Author

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 am

Ok so I have made a decision.

I am still getting my blue dress made and I am going to wear that to our "Australian Wedding" just parents but have decided to get a standard white wedding dress for our wedding in Bali. But think I am still going to go for the same theme in Bali - Silver / Grey, white, lime and blue. Sounds odd but hopefully will pull it off.

Now my issue is I can't find a "white" dress. so frustrating!!

Will still post pics when I get them of the blue dress. I feel this way I am still technically getting married in Blue so feel happy about that!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27