A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lelu87
Topic Author

Suits for the groomsmen

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 am

Hi all,

FH and I are not getting married until April, but one of his groomsmen currently lives in the USA and will be back in oz for a week or two before moving to London for his new job. He wont be back in the country until the wedding. I have a few questions;
1. How long before the wedding usually do the suits need to be organised?
2. If the groomsman had his suit measurements, could we get away with ordering to that, or would it be too risky?
3. Or should i organise suits now for when he is in the country to be fitted, or is it too early?

Thanks

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Suits for the groomsmen

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:02 am

I think it would be worth getting him measured up now in your FH's preferred suit and then double check his measurements haven't changed closer to the wedding when you want to order them.

lelu87
Topic Author

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 pm

miss_anne wrote:
I think it would be worth getting him measured up now in your FH's preferred suit and then double check his measurements haven't changed closer to the wedding when you want to order them.

If everything is organised now, do they hold the suits or can the fashion change,etc?

darkphoenix
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:45 pm

We had a similar problem, two of our groomsmen lived at least 12 hours away and couldn't get to Brisbane before the day. We were lucky in that we ordered from a chain so one of them was able to hire the suit locally but the other we just measured him up and went by that. There are a number of stores, and this would be worth checking, that offer an express service and can have a new suit there the next day if there's any problems with the fitting so that way it won't be a huge problem. It might be a bit too far out to order suits, fashions change and men change their mind a lot. If your FH has a style that he's 100% certain on it might be different but with it being so far out he may change his mind.
Even with him being in London, there's possibly chains that are over here and there so you could always see if he can get one there so you know it fits properly.

lelu87
Topic Author

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 pm

darkphoenix wrote:
We had a similar problem, two of our groomsmen lived at least 12 hours away and couldn't get to Brisbane before the day. We were lucky in that we ordered from a chain so one of them was able to hire the suit locally but the other we just measured him up and went by that. There are a number of stores, and this would be worth checking, that offer an express service and can have a new suit there the next day if there's any problems with the fitting so that way it won't be a huge problem. It might be a bit too far out to order suits, fashions change and men change their mind a lot. If your FH has a style that he's 100% certain on it might be different but with it being so far out he may change his mind.
Even with him being in London, there's possibly chains that are over here and there so you could always see if he can get one there so you know it fits properly.

Thats an idea, thanks for that. I will have to search and see if any stores are both here and over in London. If not ill ask around about the express service.
:D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02