A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Snowygem
Topic Author

how far out from the wedding -bridesmaids dresses?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:58 pm

how long before the wedding should you get the bridesmaid dresses?ive found a dress on lightinthebox.com that the 3girls all are happy with. Im not sure how long before to order it, incase it isnt there later, and i cant find something we are happy with?. I have 1 bridesmaid who had a baby in jan who wants to lose baby weight before ordering, so ive been putting it off only for her.... But i dunno...

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: how far out from the wedding -bridesmaids dresses?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am

I wouldn't like to order it any earlier than 4 or 5 months prior.... You'll be devistated if the girls dont fit because they've changed too much in that time.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 pm

We ordered ours five months out. Given mine were off the rack that was plenty of time. Be mindful that some companies do take a while to make and ship but I don't see any need to order more than 6 months in advance.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:01 pm

I agree with the others. You still have 12 months to go and a lot can happen in that time. e.g. someone falling pregnant etc. Plus, as a bridesmaid myself in a few months, I wouldn't want my dress ordered so early. It puts a lot of pressure to have to stay that weight for a whole year!

We ordered ours at the 6 month mark - knowing it would take 3 months for them to arrive from designer in the USA. That still gave the girls 3 months to organise alterations and to get one dress to the UK. If my MOH did not live in the UK and I did not have to send her dress to her...I would have ordered them around the 4.5 - 5 month mark.

My girlfriend who is getting married early October ordered her bridesmaid dresses from the same same website - lightinthebox.com - and it only took the dresses about a month to get to Australia..that including the time it took to make all 4 dresses and postage from China. Super fast!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35