A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jane1082
Topic Author

Corset or no Corset???

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:35 pm

My wedding dress has got no boning in it, which I hadn't even thought about when buying it. I was lucky enough to find the one I love off the rack. However... I've just been looking at a few photos of myself in it, and wondering if I should wear a corset underneat it to give me a bit more shape and give me a bit more of a 'lift'...

One of the reasons I love my dress is that I was in it for two hours at the shop and not once did I need to reajust or anything, it's so comfotable. It is fully rouched down to the waist.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any places I can have a look at corsets that are resonably priced, I think just a simple, smooth one would be best.

I'm based in Brisbane.

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Corset or no Corset???

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm

I have heard great things about Simone Perele underwear which is stocked at DJs, but that brand is not cheap :( I dont actually own any shapewear corsets, so don't have that many recs, sorry!!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 am

I have a coreset with boning i bought years back bu is soft boning and isn't too bad comfort wise - think i got it from bra's n things or target from memory. it just smooths things out :)

asmallsan

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Myer in the Myer Center - Queen St Mall has a huge range of long line bras, corsolettes etc that have a huge range in price. It just takes a little hunting around to find the right one. But if you are after something a little more luxurious or fancy then head over to Honey Birdette in Mcarthur Central (Cnr of Queen and Edward St) they have a beautiful range and will often order things in for you from the catalogs of brands they stock if you don't find what you like.

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:06 am

I'm going to wear one, because unfortunately the waist of my dress doesnt fit on me YET, it's a zip up dress, but I do love how it looks on me :roll: and I dont think Spanx will help to reduce waist on my size (I'm a size 4 US, or 8 and small 10 but has 1-2 inches larger than normal size), and to be honest, even when I was a teenage I dont have small waist. Just ot be on the save side, I have ordered a corset through a website called "what katie did" that has good recommendation on other websites, it's on it way, I will put some review when I receive it.

The one that I bought is this one:
http://www.whatkatiedid.com/product/313 ... ust_corset

It doesnt give a dramatic affect, for what I did the research this corset only gives 3-4 inches smaller waist, and I only want 1-2 inches smaller, so it works fine for me. It's shorter than normal corset underbust, hopefully it will fit with my pettie size. :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.34